Neil Galindo cue

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw this cue builder on Facebook. Has anyone ever had any dealings with Neil, or
played with one of his cues?

tabi1

Registered
He's a builder in the Philippines i believe. I think i have seen a few posts before about him but have never tried one of his cues. I live in the Philippines and have several local made custom cues. The best so far is Black Pearl to me. With that said they get pricey too and the "savings" IMHO do not outweigh paying a bit more and buying a good US made custom cue. I would prefer a simple merry widow cue from a respected US builder over a fancy PI cue, just my .02 cents. The advantage for me was that living there i could actually visit the shop and see the cue in progress.

KWilliams

Registered
He's a builder in the Philippines i believe. I think i have seen a few posts before about him but have never tried one of his cues. I live in the Philippines and have several local made custom cues. The best so far is Black Pearl to me. With that said they get pricey too and the "savings" IMHO do not outweigh paying a bit more and buying a good US made custom cue. I would prefer a simple merry widow cue from a respected US builder over a fancy PI cue, just my .02 cents. The advantage for me was that living there i could actually visit the shop and see the cue in progress.
I would love a cue with the butt made from Bahi or Kamagong wood! (Filipino Martial Arts practitioner).

SpotOn

Registered
Saw this cue builder on Facebook. Has anyone ever had any dealings with Neil, or
played with one of his cues?
I bought a cue from Neil about 4 years ago. Very nice looking cue. I noticed after awhile that the butt was warped so I decided to go to my local cue maker/friend and disect it to see how it is made and if it can be saved. After cutting it apart we found many problems in construction. All joints were connected via a threaded bolt that can bend. Off center coring, not enough glue was evident when bansawing the forearm lengthwise. Anyways for the money not bad I guess just not a real well made cue IMO. I saved the forearm as a jump handle for my jump shaft I bought.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My son has had two Black Pearl cues and they are as good as any US maker for the price. Benefit of the those cues is the ability to use higher end woods like he does at a decent price.