New Brunswick Centennial

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sneek Peeks. Has anyone seen it. Would like to know how the rosewood looks up close.

Last edited:

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have yet to see one in person, but I don’t think the new Centennials have any Rosewood in the build. Just judging from the website pics it appears to be Mahogany. They aren’t really advertising the details. Kinda strange to me that they aren’t, since all the others throughout their history have fairly detailed spec sheets. It’s all good though, nothing wrong with It in my book. BBC used a lot of Mahogany throughout it’s long history.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
whatever it is, it will knock the heck out of the value of the original ones that are commanding such a premium. even if they are of inferior quality which they certainly will be.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
whatever it is, it will knock the heck out of the value of the original ones that are commanding such a premium. even if they are of inferior quality which they certainly will be.
I don't know about that, these new ones are $12k

I have a museum grade restored version for $10k, show car quality

No pre-order or shipping from China required

Attachments

• IMG_20210105_075203.jpg
    IMG_20210105_075203.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 130

Nikrnic

I grew up at the local pool hall with nothing but 9' Centennials, Snooker only and still have a 1960 Anniversary 9' pool table my dad bought new. I'm interested in seeing one but not expecting too much. I've always wanted to restore a GCII. White/ Gold simonis.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I grew up at the local pool hall with nothing but 9' Centennials, Snooker only and still have a 1960 Anniversary 9' pool table my dad bought new. I'm interested in seeing one but not expecting too much. I've always wanted to restore a GCII. White/ Gold simonis.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
What about a GC1 with leveling feet? I have a pristine original table with the best parts I could find, 4.5" pockets and Simonis 860HR already installed. Has less than 2 hours play on it

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What about a GC1 with leveling feet? I have a pristine original table with the best parts I could find, 4.5" pockets and Simonis 860HR already installed. Has less than 2 hours play on it
let the world know how much and it could be yours :)

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
let the world know how much and it could be yours :)
$2500 and all the hard work has been done for you. I bought more than a dozen GC and saved the 4 best sets of rails. 4.5" pockets, original rubber in fantastic condition. Rails and aprons are from a home table. Perfect slate. 860HR cloth. Polished out aluminum. Just all the way nice

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
$2500 and all the hard work has been done for you. I bought more than a dozen GC and saved the 4 best sets of rails. 4.5" pockets, original rubber in fantastic condition. Rails and aprons are from a home table. Perfect slate. 860HR cloth. Polished out aluminum. Just all the way nice
Sounds like a great table

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always wanted to restore a GCII. White/ Gold simonis.
My understanding is that the only difference between a GC I and II is that the II was finished in rosewood with bronze feet and ball box trim. Was the GC II available painted? Also, it appears the II used Superspeed cushions, not the Monarch Superspeed of the I; could this make rubber replacement easier, i.e., not requiring subrail modification?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My understanding is that the only difference between a GC I and II is that the II was finished in rosewood with bronze feet and ball box trim. Was the GC II available painted? Also, it appears the II used Superspeed cushions, not the Monarch Superspeed of the I; could this make rubber replacement easier, i.e., not requiring subrail modification?
No and No.

II's were only available with the Rosewood finish.

III's and up do not require subrail calibration for modern K55 rubber; I's and II's do.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
III's and up do not require subrail calibration for modern K55 rubber; I's and II's do.
Why, then, does the Brunswick literature say that I's have "Monarch Super Speed," and II's have "Super Speed." The III's and IV's and V's and Vi's also have Superspeed cushions (spelled as one word starting with the III)?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why, then, does the Brunswick literature say that I's have "Monarch Super Speed," and II's have "Super Speed." The III's and IV's and V's and Vi's also have Superspeed cushions (spelled as one word starting with the III)?
Don't know.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've always wanted to restore a GCII. White/ Gold simonis.
I hope you get a chance to restore one. I started playing at the Cue & Cushion on Cottman St in Phila. Tables were white GC's with Gold cloth. Love them...never forgot them. My current GC4 has a Gold Simonis.