New Garten Bierbower - ebony, birdseye, ivory, silver

pongohops

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few years back I asked Garten to make me a plain ebony cue, straight grain forearm, with natural, green, blue, and black veneers - I wanted a playing cue. I loved it, still do of course, and it is still my playing cue.

Not long after that I started playing around with cue designs on the computer, came up with an idea I liked, and asked if he would make it - he agreed. From computer screen to finished product... here it is with a few minor tweaks along the way. All white on the cue, minus the buttcap, is bleached
🐘
ivory (we both live in Ohio so this is still fine to do at the moment). All dots in the butt and the smaller dots in the ring above the wrap are silver. It is hard to see the silver dots in the pictures, but they have a really nice effect depending on the light. At some angles you can't really tell they are there and then when the light hits them they shine like crazy. I think the pictures speak for themselves. This turned out fantastic and really happy with it!

The quality of wood/materials he uses and the way he makes them create really great playing cues - the feel, balance, and hit is different, and in a very good way, if you have not experienced one before. You know after the first hit there is something special going on and it gets better from there.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 249
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    616.8 KB · Views: 259
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    610.8 KB · Views: 250
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 243
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 246
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    548.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    591.6 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 226

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A few years back I asked Garten to make me a plain ebony cue, straight grain forearm, with natural, green, blue, and black veneers - I wanted a playing cue. I loved it, still do of course, and it is still my playing cue.

Not long after that I started playing around with cue designs on the computer, came up with an idea I liked, and asked if he would make it - he agreed. From computer screen to finished product... here it is with a few minor tweaks along the way. All white on the cue, minus the buttcap, is bleached
🐘
ivory (we both live in Ohio so this is still fine to do at the moment). All dots in the butt and the smaller dots in the ring above the wrap are silver. It is hard to see the silver dots in the pictures, but they have a really nice effect depending on the light. At some angles you can't really tell they are there and then when the light hits them they shine like crazy. I think the pictures speak for themselves. This turned out fantastic and really happy with it!

The quality of wood/materials he uses and the way he makes them create really great playing cues - the feel, balance, and hit is different, and in a very good way, if you have not experienced one before. You know after the first hit there is something special going on and it gets better from there.
EXCELLENT CUE !!!!!
" Garten always flawless execution in his cues...
Very solid playing cues too!

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Very nice. Must be something in the water with those Ohio cue makers putting out great work. (RIP Dick Neighbors).

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

🐘

Very nice design Steve. I can only imagine how well it strikes the ball. His cues hit and play soooo good.
You are a lucky man, congrats!!!