New Here? - Introduce Yourself

New here?
Introduce yourself, tell us where you hail from and a bit about yourself.
Hello..from Florida Village, Napoleon Ohio. Retired military and retired from civilian work force as well. Have worked my entire life starting at age 14 until now. Currently turning 69 in December 2026. I have played pool off and on for most of my life and started playing league pool about 10 years or so ago. Not very good but I will give you a game. I have mostly played in VNEA league but have played in APA and BCA. I have got to say BCA is not on my list of favorites due to CSI. Just my personnel opinion, if you like it more power to you. I feel as though CSI is bad for the sport and they certainly could care less about its base. Enough of that rant. I love the competition and I play with determination and the will to win. Glad to meet you and hope we have a long and happy relationship.
 
Thank you for the membership approval.My name is Wayne Lachance and I grew up playing in Palm Beach County back in the 70s. That pic is me around 1978, haha. I play to this day but no longer very competitive. I grew up around many top players and was very much in the mix tjrough the late 80s both on the road and in several tournaments. I have read this forum for many years and just decided to join. I wil chime in with some juicy stories as time goes on, but for now I again just wanted to say thanks for the membership approval and Hit um Straight!
 

Attachments

  • 20260127_183657.jpg
    20260127_183657.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 21
Hello..from Florida Village, Napoleon Ohio. Retired military and retired from civilian work force as well. Have worked my entire life starting at age 14 until now. Currently turning 69 in December 2026. I have played pool off and on for most of my life and started playing league pool about 10 years or so ago. Not very good but I will give you a game. I have mostly played in VNEA league but have played in APA and BCA. I have got to say BCA is not on my list of favorites due to CSI. Just my personnel opinion, if you like it more power to you. I feel as though CSI is bad for the sport and they certainly could care less about its base. Enough of that rant. I love the competition and I play with determination and the will to win. Glad to meet you and hope we have a long and happy relationship.
Thank you for your military service! Hope you enjoy the stories and good information on the premier site of pocket billiards!
 
Hi from arkansas. New here, but to pool been playing for about 38 years or so, first started when going to YMCA on base and kept it up ever since off and on. Played in few local legal in FWB when stationed there and did about a year of APA. Then plans changed and played a bit in Indonesia when moved there for local league. Been out of the game for a bit but getting a pool hall in my area in a few weeks of NWA, supporting a friends business. So time to get out the old cue maybe get another and start playing again.
 
Back
Top