New Here? - Introduce Yourself

Flowerbomb

😃 Hello all!
My name's Ashley. I'm 23 years old and from the East Coast. I started playing Pool a few years ago, but just recently began to really get into it. Before a year ago, I just saw Pool as "making balls in pockets". Now, the details and mental game of it really intrigues me!

I look forward to soaking up what I can here, and maybe make some new "Billiard Buddies" along the way!

I hail from Planet Earth and I like women with round buttocks, Italian Hoagies, Cheese Steaks, Pretzels, Water Ice and poking whitey.

icbm

Registered
Hello all. My name is Dale. I I have been on this site for 10+yrs but with lots of gaps in postings. I became a wood turner bc my then fathr in law and I were in a wood craft store in San Antonio and I stumbled across their dowels and long blanks of gorgeous wood. I asked him if we could make a cue on his lathe. We tried, we failed, but it only made me want it more. I began saving ($5 here, $20 there etc.). It took me 11 years but I finally bought a cuesmith delux from Chris Hightower. Currently Im going thru growing pains learning how to use it.

drop_pocket

Hi all,

I'm drop_pocket. I just moved back to Arizona, my home state, after 8 years here and there around the country (mostly in the soggy Northwest).

My favorite games to play are one pocket and eight ball.

Madco

Hi my name is Marty. Been reading on here from ask the cue maker. Have gotten a lot of good info. I've been building cues for a few years now. Have learned a lot from reading and doing. This is a great hobby. I started playing in 1961 at age 11 life got in the way in 1975 but my youngest son got me back into pool. What a great game.

jb134

Hi, I'm from UK, the only 9 ball I really watch is Mosconi and Jayson Shaw. Although the Mosconi recently has not been great to watch. I very much enjoy the great threads about legends from years ago woth their life and road stories. Keep them coming please 👍👍

Leigh

Registered
Hi all,

I'm drop_pocket. I just moved back to Arizona, my home state, after 8 years here and there around the country (mostly in the soggy Northwest).

My favorite games to play are one pocket and eight ball.
Welcome back to Arizona! Lots of pool halls here.

stryper

New here?
Introduce yourself, tell us where you hail from and a bit about yourself.
newby again after 30 yrs :) and stryper is what I do! Pinstryping painted on whatever, live in Houston and like what I read on here. Pics for 1st post and question!

Greg M

Hi, guys, I'm Greg and I'm from Dublin, Ireland. Been browsing The Snooker Forum for a few years and I thought I'd make an account here. My main cue sport is English eight-ball, but I also dabble in the odd snooker frame from time to time.

Pfs896

Gene, from Indiana....66 been playing for 58 years. Grew up with a 10 ft snooker table, didn't know the difference between it and a pool table. Great way to learn. Grandkids are now playing, really fun. My eyes and stroke aren't what they used to be but still enjoying the game. Pool table is at our cabin...only heat is a wood stove so playing less until spring. Have 2 predator 314 circa 1998. But generally play with a Schmelke. Merry Christmas!

I'm in Central Virginia and 46 and played a lot in highschool and college. No leagues, just good enough most of the time to not pump quarters into the table. Haven't played much the past 2-3 years but I have a basement man cave renovation going on that's rejuvenating the pool interest, and the kids are big enough to seriously play. Have the 100" table from my grandmother's house in the basement, and I'm removing a structural wall, installing beam, to create more shooting room and open up to the next room with TV. Once COVID is over, it will be a great spot for football games and a few friends.

I've enjoyed poking around the forums as I'm looking for a few pool room upgrades and learning a bunch. Great site!!

Vanessa

Hey everyone,
I started playing pool when I was a child, but just started to really get interested in it and take it more seriously within the last year. Of course, perfect timing, as the pandemic then hit. LOL!

Trying to learn and improve my game, I started watching more pro play and research tips online. I started noticing the AZBilliard banners and that lead me here.

LACthe3rd

Hello Everyone,

I'm new in the sense that I have finally made my first post in the For Sale/ Wanted forum but I have been watching all the forum arguments for years. I live in SoCal LA area so if you're ever put here and want to play feel free to PM me!