New pechauer cue

skiergd011013

Hello. First time poster. I just got a brand new custom made pechauer cue. It took almost two months to get, but the wait is over. I have been playing with the same mcdermott cue since i was 16, and now 16 years later it is time for something new. I have nothing bad to say about the mcdermott. I was a solid league player, and won several local tourneys with it. It was just tired, dinged up, and i was bored of it. Im going to really try to take care of this one and keep it nice. This is my first time using a carbon fiber shaft. I was worried about having a hard time making the change, but it was honestly seamless. One thing i noticed is that it is much easier to draw the cueball now. Maybe it's the tip, maybe the shaft. I haven't had much playtime with this cue yet, but i am happy with it so far.
20220513_094150.jpg

skiergd011013

Congrats!

Two of my favorites: Pechauer and purpleheart.
i had the pleasure of playing allison fisher several months ago in CT. I liked the cue she was playing with (and currently plays with as her main). It took me a while to figure out what it was. It's a pechauer purple heart with a rogue shaft. So that is what I had pechauer build me. The only difference is hers has abalone inlays, which I do not really care to have.....or pay the premium for. I just love the black on red look. I did take a few videos of her playing. Forgive the quality. I was using my cell phone and sitting on a bar stool, zoomed in, so it shows every little shake. She beat me of course, but i did get a signed poster and cueball out of her!

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello. First time poster. I just got a brand new custom made pechauer cue. It took almost two months to get, but the wait is over. I have been playing with the same mcdermott cue since i was 16, and now 16 years later it is time for something new. I have nothing bad to say about the mcdermott. I was a solid league player, and won several local tourneys with it. It was just tired, dinged up, and i was bored of it. Im going to really try to take care of this one and keep it nice. This is my first time using a carbon fiber shaft. I was worried about having a hard time making the change, but it was honestly seamless. One thing i noticed is that it is much easier to draw the cueball now. Maybe it's the tip, maybe the shaft. I haven't had much playtime with this cue yet, but i am happy with it so far. View attachment 641602
I love this. Simple, understated, beautiful. Good choice. I have found the guys in Wisconsin to be a pleasure to deal with, and I like the idea of supporting a small shop.

TrxR

I've been playing with plain looking Viking for years, its a red colored Birdseye maple with a black butt and joint and black linen wrap.

Been thinking of trying something else. Might have to look at Pechauer. Also looking at Jacoby.
IMG_2419re.jpg

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is your pech cue a JP version or Pro version?

Which Rogue did you choose?

Did your McDermott cue have an ld shaft or plain maple shaft?

I own a JP version and it's a great playing cue. It's one of the cheaper JP cues. It's a red stained maple merry widow with black/white speckled linen wrap.

It was a $200 cue when new and it plays just as good as any 3k cue I've picked up.

I love their 11.75 P+ Lite shafts.

skiergd011013

Is your pech cue a JP version or Pro version?

Which Rogue did you choose?

Did your McDermott cue have an ld shaft or plain maple shaft?

I own a JP version and it's a great playing cue. It's one of the cheaper JP cues. It's a red stained maple merry widow with black/white speckled linen wrap.

It was a $200 cue when new and it plays just as good as any 3k cue I've picked up.

I love their 11.75 P+ Lite shafts.
I had it custom made, but they consider it a pro version. He signs all of his pros on the forearm, but i requested it be signed right above the butt cap (you can see it in the photo). I didnt want writing on the forearm. Imo, that would take away from the beauty of the wood. I have the 12.4 rogue. That is the most popular size they sell. My mcdermott had their "g-core" shaft. I believe it is maple, with graphite core. Pechauer just sold a $50,000 cue. It was on their facebook. It had over 1,000 inlays. Imagine spending $50k on a cue, only to get beaten by some drunk with a warped house cue. Lol

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had it custom made, but they consider it a pro version. He signs all of his pros on the forearm, but i requested it be signed right above the butt cap (you can see it in the photo). I didnt want writing on the forearm. Imo, that would take away from the beauty of the wood. I have the 12.4 rogue. That is the most popular size they sell. My mcdermott had their "g-core" shaft. I believe it is maple, with graphite core. Pechauer just sold a $50,000 cue. It was on their facebook. It had over 1,000 inlays. Imagine spending $50k on a cue, only to get beaten by some drunk with a warped house cue. Lol
Going from a gcore McDermott to the Rogue usually takes folks a little bit, but some transition faster than others. I'm glad you're having no trouble with it.

I went from plain maple to a revo and it took me 6 months to get back to running two balls in a row with bih.

Before I adjusted I could only run 1 ball.

I like McDermott cues and especially the older cues. But, I believe pechauer makes a better cue in general today.

You definitely made a wise choice when you settled on pech cues.

Good luck and shoot str8!!!

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I don't think some of those 20k+ cues ever get played with. Just rich collectors adding eye candy to their collection. Just my opinion though.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello. First time poster. I just got a brand new custom made pechauer cue. It took almost two months to get, but the wait is over. I have been playing with the same mcdermott cue since i was 16, and now 16 years later it is time for something new. I have nothing bad to say about the mcdermott. I was a solid league player, and won several local tourneys with it. It was just tired, dinged up, and i was bored of it. Im going to really try to take care of this one and keep it nice. This is my first time using a carbon fiber shaft. I was worried about having a hard time making the change, but it was honestly seamless. One thing i noticed is that it is much easier to draw the cueball now. Maybe it's the tip, maybe the shaft. I haven't had much playtime with this cue yet, but i am happy with it so far. View attachment 641602
Just letting you know that I sent you a PM.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Jeff

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks almost identical to my Exceed Purple Heart.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
i had the pleasure of playing allison fisher several months ago in CT. I liked the cue she was playing with (and currently plays with as her main). It took me a while to figure out what it was. It's a pechauer purple heart with a rogue shaft. So that is what I had pechauer build me. The only difference is hers has abalone inlays, which I do not really care to have.....or pay the premium for. I just love the black on red look. I did take a few videos of her playing. Forgive the quality. I was using my cell phone and sitting on a bar stool, zoomed in, so it shows every little shake. She beat me of course, but i did get a signed poster and cueball out of her!
What? You were beaten by a woman? ;) Congrats and enjoy your new cue...