New predator chalk

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People who think Taom or any particular chalk will make them play better are kidding themselves. That said, I use Taom and would pay $50/piece if I had to. Why? It's so darn clean. No washing my hands every 45 minutes, or making my shaft gritty. No spending all that time cleaning my table. I get to just...play pool, completely unencumbered by mess maintenance. And then put my cues/balls away without having to wipe them or the rails down, or vacuum the cloth weekly.

If nothing else, the time savings make it worth it. That a single piece will last me upwards of two years with regular use chalking near every shot is just a bonus.

I'd be very curious to try this predator chalk...maybe in 10 years once my <$80 of Taom runs out.

Jedco

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
People who think Taom or any particular chalk will make them play better are kidding themselves. That said, I use Taom and would pay $50/piece if I had to. Why? It's so darn clean. No washing my hands every 45 minutes, or making my shaft gritty. No spending all that time cleaning my table. I get to just...play pool, completely unencumbered by mess maintenance. And then put my cues/balls away without having to wipe them or the rails down, or vacuum the cloth weekly.

If nothing else, the time savings make it worth it. That a single piece will last me upwards of two years with regular use chalking near every shot is just a bonus.

I'd be very curious to try this predator chalk...maybe in 10 years once my <$80 of Taom runs out.

I definitely felt like an idiot for spending so much money on Taom V10, but it really does last an astonishingly long time and is much cleaner. I'd heard other people say that a thousand times, but didn't believe it until I saw it for myself. I have a cheap cue I sometimes use to play in shitty bars, and I still use Master chalk for that. When I play with that cue at home, I immediately notice marks on the table and balls. Presumably the new Predator chalk is of a similar quality to Taom, and I'd be willing to give it a try, but like the other guy said, my two cubes of Taom barely look any different after a year of daily use. I'm set for chalk for a very long time.

HitHrdNDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve tried them all…. The Roku chalk from kamui has the best grip on extreme English/draw shots esp on harder tips, however all the chalks play the same except for those rare instances where you are at the extreme miscue limit…. The medium chalk from predator is basically the flakey but softer pyro blended with the gritty but clean v10…. Seems like the best of both worlds to me… fairly clean but not quite like the v10 and excellent on firm tips/extreme spin shots…. I wouldn’t trade the v10 in for it if I had invested, but if I was to go by chalk today at the $20-$30 price point, I would strongly consider the Medium Predator chalk….

And yes the predator chalk is made by taom… the soft = pyro, hard = v10 and medium = blended

TrxR

I don't think I'll be trying it any time soon. I bought 6 pcs of V10 last year and that will probably last me out.