New Purple Aramith Bar Cueball Review

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Silver Member
From the previous thread on this (click the arrow in the quote):

Buy two. If you only want one, I'll Paypal you for the second one.

Freddie <~~~ and that would be that

After long drawn out heated negotiations, I did end up getting the second new Purple Aramith Magnetic Cueball from Frankenstroke.

Here's the review, based on really just a few racks at the bar after the APA league was done doing their thing. And karaoke was going on...


Next to the red circle cueball that the local league was using (they open the table and shelve the mud ball), the Purple Aramith is not the translucent white, but it's very opaque. This cueball will not work on the Diamond Table return system!!! LOL!!!

Without any adjustments (these are apparently new enough Valley/Dynamo tables that could use the Green Aramith), this new Purple Duramith worked perfectly for the racks I played (Note: I didn't say that I played perfectly).

http://www.valley-dynamoparts.com/product.asp?line=2&catid=50&id=956

I need to use it more to see if it suffers any surface issues that its predecessor did, but so far, it's the best that Valley/Dynamo has offered up yet.

Now that being said, my original Green Aramith is in great shape. It was the models or manufacturing after they came out that started seeing problems.

Likewise, my original measles Aramith Cup ball is the same weight as the other cueballs, so maybe that continued manufacturing went down the tubes as well.

In other words, there's a good chance that subsequent manufacturing of the Purple Aramith will suck too. Bar owners should consider buying them now or just switch to Diamond.

Freddie <~~~ Diamond Billiards is still the best
 
Back
Top