New website to sell hand made stuff

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do they consider it a sale if you remove the listing because you sold it elsewhere? Or do they only get a comission if it sells through their shopping cart?

Dannydizzan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife buys a lot of clothes and stuff on there. She likes it and I thought about this for selling cues. I just didnt think there would be enough cue buyers searching that type of site

Dave Hlad

Registered
Thanks Tsp&b. Chris, from what I read you can remove it at any time and only pay the .20 cent insertion fee. It's not an auction so everything has a set price.

Dave Hlad

Registered
My wife buys a lot of clothes and stuff on there. She likes it and I thought about this for selling cues. I just didnt think there would be enough cue buyers searching that type of site

I was thinking the same thing. But since they don't let you sell new cues here anymore if you post a link on the for sale section you will get a ton of trafic. They say it's ok to do that with an e bay link why not this. You can actualy make a profit off it.

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was thinking the same thing. But since they don't let you sell new cues here anymore if you post a link on the for sale section you will get a ton of trafic. They say it's ok to do that with an e bay link why not this. You can actualy make a profit off it.

Perhaps you haven't been keeping up with the rules:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=264464

All pool related sales are OK. (At least the way I read it.)

Gary

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just thought I would share this with all the cue makers here. This site is to sell hand made things only. The best part is it's only .20 cents to list, you get 5 free pictures and if it sells you only pay them 3%!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/97829500/hand-made-birds-eye-maple-pool-cue?listing_id=97829500&listing_slug=hand-made-birds-eye-maple-pool-cue

Not sure if the link will work. If not the site is called Etsy.com.

That site is not really new and unfortunately it is worth about what they charge. An item you would post on ebay and sell in a week would be on there for a year without selling. It is just as simple as, no one will see your item for sale. Few people even know the site exists and they do little to change that fact. It started around 2005 and after all those years, still no one knows it exists.

Last edited:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wouldn't it be easier to do the same thing to your own website?

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are plenty of other places to sell cues, new or used,,,,,and in a variety of different formats. The rules here do in fact allow selling new cues. The main thing, regardless of where you sell, is to let potential buyers know where it is. You have accomplished that with this thread, and it's a nice looking cue,,,,,so good luck with your sale.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just thought I would share this with all the cue makers here. This site is to sell hand made things only. The best part is it's only .20 cents to list, you get 5 free pictures and if it sells you only pay them 3%!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/97829500/hand-made-birds-eye-maple-pool-cue?listing_id=97829500&listing_slug=hand-made-birds-eye-maple-pool-cue

Not sure if the link will work. If not the site is called Etsy.com.

I am curious about one thing, why does the joint look like it does? It looks like it has been sanded or something the SS seems all scratched up. That one picture if that is in fact how it looks make it all but unsellable, at least at that price. I am not being critical but we are all here for learn and help and that looks like a real problem if the joint is what it looks like. If it is not you need a better picture.
http://img1.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.329693061.jpg

Also, was that the same cue you had on ebay a few months back? Looking at the ebay ad, it was not a real grabber, poor description as well as pictures. Selling regardless where you do it is a competition, there are a lot of cues out there for sale. You want to be the best you can and make a top of the line presentation. From the ebay ad you did it would be hard to sell the cue no matter how good it is.

Last edited:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am curious about one thing, why does the joint look like it does? It looks like it has been sanded or something the SS seems all scratched up. That one picture if that is in fact how it looks make it all but unsellable, at least at that price. I am not being critical but we are all here for learn and help and that looks like a real problem if the joint is what it looks like. If it is not you need a better picture.

Also, was that the same cue you had on ebay a few months back? Looking at the ebay ad, it was not a real grabber, poor description as well as pictures. Selling regardless where you do it is a competition, there are a lot of cues out there for sale. You want to be the best you can and make a top of the line presentation. From the ebay ad you did it would be hard to sell the cue no matter how good it is.

I noticed the joint looked awkward as well, but didn't want to be the one to point it out.