New Weekly OPEN 8 Ball Tournament in Tulsa, OK

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
Q-Spot has added a new tournament to the schedule and changed the old ones, slightly.

The OPEN 8 Ball Tournament will be on Thursdays for all skill levels... Sign-ups at 6:30 pm and matches begin at 7:00 pm. (Central times) The first Open Tournament will be this coming Thursday, January 6th, 2011

It is highly likely we will put it online, since it is the first one. If we do stream the tournament, it will be at http://ustream.tv/channel/tulsa-qspot

The Friday night 8 Ball and Saturday night 9 ball tournaments will now be only for 6 and under players.

The Bar Box prices have also gone up, due to the vending machine license fees going up, substantially. Instead of the 75 cents per game we are all used to, they will now be $1.00 per game.

For more information on the tournaments and other "stuff" at Q-Spot Family Billiards, check out the website at http://www.jespiddlin.net/qspot or call 918-779-6204.

(Q-Spot's website will be updated as soon as I can get it done. I have a lot to finish up, tonight.)

OUSooner

Known Fish
Silver Member
When you say all skill levels. Does that mean McMinn and those guys too? That would be fun to watch.

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
When you say all skill levels. Does that mean McMinn and those guys too? That would be fun to watch.

If they show up, YES. And, I'm with you. I think it's going to be a lot of fun to watch.

There is only one issue with me streaming the event, tomorrow night. On the way home from the memorial service for Gene's dad today, the timing belt broke on our car. If we can get it fixed in time, or if I can get a ride to the pool hall, I'll be there to run the stream.

Keep your fingers crossed! I'd really like to put this one online!

6SPEEDLARRY

Registered
i would like to come up and play this satarday. can you confirm i am allowed to play. im rated a 6 @ magoos's in tulsa and jamaica joes in midwest city. i havent ever played @ q-spot though

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
i would like to come up and play this satarday. can you confirm i am allowed to play. im rated a 6 @ magoos's in tulsa and jamaica joes in midwest city. i havent ever played @ q-spot though

Hey Larry...

I can't confirm who plays as what. You might call Cheetah down at the Q-Spot (918-779-6204) and talk to her. She's the one who's making all the decisions about who plays in which tournament.

You might want to get into tonight's tournament, too. You never know how well you might fare! I know another person or two who aren't yet up to 7's, but they're talking about entering.

There is a small chance I might not get to stream, tonight. Our car broke down on the way back from Gene's dad's funeral, yesterday. Our son is fixing it, right now. If it's done in time, the tournament will be online. I may still get it online, but later in the evening.

I heard Tim (the tree hugger) also plays at Magoo's. How well does he do over there?

Last edited:

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
We only have 5 in tonight's tournament, but with only a week to get the word out, it's a good start, even late.

Gene
Christian
Jimmy
Greg
Jamie

Good luck, guys!

6SPEEDLARRY

Registered
i dont know tim the tree hugger and i mostly play in midwest city as that is where im from. i will be in tulsa satarday most likely. i called q spot today and they said since im a 6 @ jamaica joes and magoos, thats where i would start out.

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
Wow!! After some tough matches, Gene won!!

We went out and had a couple of ice cream cones to celebrate, before we came home.

Tonight, we had some really good players telling us they will probably play in next week's open tournament. So, we should have at least 10 if not more, next week. Is that awesome, or what?? :thumbup:

I will try to stream as often as I can, although for now, I'm going to keep my Saturday night stream as my prioriy.

See you guys back on the stream in a couple of nights!

6SPEEDLARRY

Registered
Had a good time @ this tournament. I didnt play up to my expectations and just didnt get there. Why hasnt it been posted on ustream to watch?

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
Had a good time @ this tournament. I didnt play up to my expectations and just didnt get there. Why hasnt it been posted on ustream to watch?

Hey Larry!

It was good to meet you and Lisa, the other night. That was actually our 9 ball tournament you played in. The 8 ball open is on Thursday nights.

I usually only record the last 2-4 matches on that table. Otherwise, we'd have way too many to weed through. So, you've gotta make it down toward the end of the night, if you want it recorded. ;-)

Hope you guys make it back out again, soon!!