Newest Titlist Conversion by Andy & Vicki Gilbert

Ron F

Ron F
Silver Member
Purchased a Brunswick Titlist Willie Hoppe Professional cue from Joe Salazar at the 2013 SBE and immediately handed the cue over to Andy and Vicki Gilbert with a message for them to call me when they were ready for me. Received the finished product last Friday at the 2014 SBE and I couldn't be happier. The cue may have turned out looking very good, but it hits better than any cue I've ever picked up. It's an absolute keeper.

It's heavy at 21 oz., but it's an ounce lighter than when it left the Brunswick factory - and that was in the 1960's judging by the sticker that was originally on it. The best that Andy could say is that the wood is in the South American Rosewood family. It's a true Hoppe-style cue with an ivory Hoppe ring and a polished steel weight bolt showing through instead of a bumper. The Hoppe ring is sandwiched by black phenolic and .050 silver rings on either side of it. The wrap is authentic Cortland #9 and feels nicely textured. The 3/8" x 10 joint is ivory as are the ferrules on both 13mm shafts. The best part of the cue is something that can't be seen, though - the Hit.

Ron F

IMG_2902.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2904.jpg

IMG_2907.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg