Nike Vapor Strobe Glasses

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you seen the Nike Vapor Strobe glasses?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9gLzpmjcnc&feature=related

Would this or any other eye wear training device be useful in pool?

I just watched all the youtube videos on it. Very cool stuff. My initial reaction is to say it won't be very helpful for pool but I'd be willing to reserve judgement until a pool player actually tries a pair.

My reason for being skeptical is simple - this device creates a "strobe effect" for the sake of improving reaction time. It's meant to improve your perception of things in motion. Pool isn't in motion and you don't react in pool. Every action in pool is taken when things are still.

I would be curious to try a pair, if not for pool, for softball (especially hitting).

bud02

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a straight up old school player, but at the same time I'm a bit of a geek and didn't let the personal computer pass me by.

The ultimate trainer would be "heads up LCD" a cue with a blue tooth device that senses the position of the cue, direction, as well as vertical and horizontal axis of the cue embedded in the butt. Blue tooth would transmit info to the users base device and LCD screen.

This would be coupled with an LCD screen head gear.
2592_main.jpg

You would get down on the shot with bridge and cue in position use the lcd to lock on the cue ball then the object ball then the pocket. The computer would then calculate the necessary cue position to pocket the ball, lock on tone would indicate proper alinement. As you would stroke the tone would very indicating a good or bad stroke by reacquiring and or losing lock tone. This type of technology exists and a simple no english trainer program could be made to simply help beginners see the shot and have a positive tone response as they stroke the cue. An instructor could help with the details in hands and feet position while seeing and hearing threw a sister device.

So Scott Lee when do you want to start funding development? :cool:

Last edited:

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
OK... That is funny chit right there.... Why would you pay 295 bucks when all you have todo is blink a whole lot while training... Granted you would look a whole lot cooler in the glasses than blinking like you have a tourette syndrome or a serious nervous tick...... Really????? I can already see the lawsuits coming in from idiots getting hit in the head from trying to catch a baseball and the timing being just right to lose the ball at the last split second..... Hmmm maybe there is a reason to buy em... $295 invested and 1 meeeellllion dollars on the back side.... Anyone have Dewey Cheetum and Howe's number handy????