"No Conflict Rules" fifth event coming soon

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are running our fifth event under the “No Conflict Rules” on Saturday, February 26th. The “No Conflict Rules” have generated controversy and a stir on this forum. The rules have not created a stir in of my events. As a matter of fact, the rules are responsible for eradicating the racking and breaking maladies that plague all tournaments. If you are up for a unique poolroom and tournament experience, come to Gold Crown Billiards in Erie and enter the event. You will be treated well. Bring your significant other. We are much more than just a poolroom. Please be aware that there is a dress code.

Flyer: http://www.goldcrownbilliardseriepa.com/assets/pdf/Flyer Winter 11.pdf
“No Conflict Rules”: http://www.goldcrownbilliardseriepa.com/noconflict.html

I will report back here how the event went.
 
No conflict

We are running our fifth event under the “No Conflict Rules” on Saturday, February 26th. The “No Conflict Rules” have generated controversy and a stir on this forum. The rules have not created a stir in of my events. As a matter of fact, the rules are responsible for eradicating the racking and breaking maladies that plague all tournaments. If you are up for a unique poolroom and tournament experience, come to Gold Crown Billiards in Erie and enter the event. You will be treated well. Bring your significant other. We are much more than just a poolroom. Please be aware that there is a dress code.

Flyer: http://www.goldcrownbilliardseriepa.com/assets/pdf/Flyer Winter 11.pdf
“No Conflict Rules”: http://www.goldcrownbilliardseriepa.com/noconflict.html

I will report back here how the event went.

Like the no conflict rules with a few exceptions. We have several ladies in our league that 8 out of 10 times could not drive balls to the required distance on the break. I think some latitude should be given to people who make their best hardest break effort. Love the breaker continuing his turn when no ball made on break. I assume these are drop pocket tables and it is just good etiquette to help retrieve balls. Don't care for non breaker helping by not looking and pre racking balls. Just seems silly. All in on the dress code. Hopefully some day I will play at your establishment and I won't have to make any clothing adjustments because I have never had any of those type of issues.
 
Don't care for non breaker helping by not looking and pre racking balls. Just seems silly.

Thanks for the comments. I admit that at first thought, the random racking process does seem silly. Once you watch and talk to all the players and find out that more than 75% are pattern racking, you may think differently. If a deck of cards is shuffled and dice are shaken, pool balls can also be randomized. My process takes less time than pattern racking. No problem.
 
Setting the dice

Thanks for the comments. I admit that at first thought, the random racking process does seem silly. Once you watch and talk to all the players and find out that more than 75% are pattern racking, you may think differently. If a deck of cards is shuffled and dice are shaken, pool balls can also be randomized. My process takes less time than pattern racking. No problem.

Yep, you have a point. I guess that's why when I set the dice in Vegas they are emphatic about reaching the end of the table. My last trip to Vegas I held the dice for about 45 min. And went through 3 stick men. Stick men move every 20 min. At the end of my rolling I had 3 pit bosses watching me!!! I wasn't cheating in any way but I certainly did have a plan. I don't bet on people that DON'T set the dice. That is one of the big secrets to throwing dice. You don't bet on everyone. All men are not created equal.
 
Back
Top