Not a predator break cue!

F

fti

Not being able to justify spending 400/500 Euro (Netherlands), on a predator break cue, I'm looking for a good alternative! ~ thinking about a cuetec...

I'm certain that not everyone is sold on predator so let's hear them guys.

fti

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member
sneaky pete will do just fine. Only $50 cdn here. I hear cuetec can make good break cues, just break cues that is [:D]

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Auerbach makes a dynamite Break Cue

John Parker of Auerbach Custom Cues makes a dynamite Break Cue. The Predator Cue sells for $375 US Dollars, John will make you one for $250 & guarantee you'll like it. Give him a chance to show you, through pictures, or tell you, via the internet, what he 'll provide you with. It's an outstanding Cue with a laminated shaft. It's also a Custom Cue, so you'll get to participate in the design.

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Re: Auerbach makes a dynamite Break Cue

ceebee said:
John Parker of Auerbach Custom Cues makes a dynamite Break Cue. The Predator Cue sells for $375 US Dollars, John will make you one for $250 & guarantee you'll like it. Give him a chance to show you, through pictures, or tell you, via the internet, what he 'll provide you with. It's an outstanding Cue with a laminated shaft. It's also a Custom Cue, so you'll get to participate in the design.

We got our preditor bk for $319. I also got the pred sneaky pete. It breaks just fine and I ended up giving the BK back to my husband.

I am not sure about all of that break cue stuff. Sometimes I wonder if it is hype, but will reserve judgment until I am more expereinced.;)

bw

deadstroke32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok i have a b/j cue i payed 50.00.for and breaks like a dream all i did was change the tip and the ferrule ,To the hardest one made with the hardest tip made .To hold up to the force.and the funny part it weight at 18oz for better speed and cantrol.You can get some thing cheep and make in strong.And paying a lot of money you just going to use for breacking in nuts...

jjinfla

Banned
Hi Larry, Strange you mention Dufferin because I am going to have by Bud, the fledgling cue maker, fit a Dufferin butt to my 314 this friday. Jake

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not a Predator

... just for your information Bluewolf, the business about the Break Shot ain't hype. If you were a great player & can't make balls on the Break & "get some position"... you'll get beat to death.... by folks of your level or better..... PERIOD !

We've all taken the Break Shot with a grain of salt, because we hated racking balls, but the Break Shot is a real shot, not just a way to start the game. The IMPORTANCE of the Break Shot ain't hype, it's real as it gets...

Folks that are 6-7 Speed & under aren't the threat that higher players are, even with a good break. But, a good Break gives them an edge. A good 8 Speed or up will string racks on you, plus having to deal with the other parts of that person's game... like hand-em-the-cue-ball leave's.

hustlefinger

Silver Member
fast larry said:

That is what I also hit my 11 rail banks on TV shows with also.
Fast Larry

Do you mean 11 individual bank shots or 1 bank shot contacting eleven rails (or cushions)?

Rick

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Mace Break Jump Cue, but I only use the jump portion of it. I like to break with the cue I shoot with. It's all personal preference though.

jjinfla

Banned
FL strikes the CB sending it around the table striking 11 rails (cushions) before it comes to a stop. It looks easy. Jake

I

ironferrite

I personally use a 19 oz Players Sneaky Pete Jump Break. Makes a great break cue. Now if I could only learn to jump........

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
break cues

I used to break with a 21 oz. cue, but have gone to a Shurtz 19 oz. sneaky pete with a SS joint and a hercules tip. Personally, I think it breaks just as good as a BK, but I have noticed many players improving their break with a BK, especially with a little more power to it.

My break cue costs $190 with SS joint,
$170 with other joint.

I think any cue meant for breaking, with a good balance (remember that bad balance can introduce flaws into your break), and a hard tip will do just fine.
Weight transfer in the break feels and performs better, IMO, when you feel the weight of the cue in the middle (between your hands) and not at the butt end of the cue. It has a more even feel, and provides more accuracy on the break.

A good break stick can mean the difference between making balls on the break or just rolling them up within 2 or 3 inches in front of the pocket. And if you are playing the better players, that makes the difference of winning or losing the game because they will run out on you if you don't make a ball on the break. At least, that is true at the level I play at.

Breaking good is almost an art form.
I have seen big muscular guys that break like a sissy, and small light weight guys that break like gangbusters. Learning to break the proper way and the proper technique is very important. I am only 5'7", about
158, 55, and I have people tell me all the time that I break as hard as anyone in town. I do exercise though, and work out with free weights.

Last edited:

Porter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have nothing against Preditors. They make great kindling wood.

I like my Joss Sn.. Pete

I have to have some deflection in my life.