November 6 2016 Tournament results from Snookers RI

Deadly stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you to all 51 players who came out to attend our 3rd of 9 Tournaments, on November 6, 2016, with all but green fees back to the players, as a “Perk” (part of their membership dues thank you)! This was a non-handicapped Event: Race to 7 on the Winners’ and Race to 5 on the One-loss side.

We thank Snookers for Hosting the Event, our Sponsors: J. Pechauer, Simonis, Aramith, Mz. Tam (www.mztam.com), Narragansett, Volturi (cases on the way per Roger), PoolDawg, Eric Lim, and our Supporter, Shanley Swain@ Nerium . A great thank you to our Team: Ralph, Quoc, Linda, and Riki for their help on the Battlefield, and all who support the Tour.

The races started with Mike Pettit and Paul LaVerdiere. Mike made his way through the Winners’ side to the hot seat, beating Robert Piersa, Tom Thomas Bertrand, and Dave Gavrish (all hugely favored). Moving along as well was Dennis Levesque who finished 5th/6th, until he met Dave Gavrish, sending him to the one-loss side. Tim Perry (Buzzsaw) who lost his first match to Lukas Fracasso-Verner, went on to win six (6) matches before losing to Tom Bertrand! Buzzsaw with a spectacular come back and a 5th/6th Placing.

Lukas, after two wins, was sent over to the one-loss side by Ryan Lineham. However, he did not let this loss allow him to finish anything less than 3rd Place, after winning six (6) consecutive matches, overpowering Bill Cote, Rob Piersa, and Tom Bertrand.

Another great showing was Nick Bousquet (The Hitman), who lost his first match to Paul Pesoa. He went on to win five (5) on the one-loss side, but succumbed to Tim Perry to finish 7th/8th.

~Please contact me for any misspellings of names, so we can correct this immediately.~

Players, Placements, Payouts:
1st & 2nd (split): Mike Pettit and Dave Gavrish split a total of $825.00 ($500.00 and $325.00)
3rd: Lukas Fracasso-Verner: $175.00
4th: Tom Bertrand: $125.00
5th/6th: Tim Perry (Buzzsaw) and Dennis Levesque: $75.00 each
7th/8th: Nick Bousquet and Jared DeMalia: $50.00 each
9-12th: Ryan Lineham, Rob Piersa, Dev Bhattacharya, Bob Myers

Auction totaled: $1,700.00
1st: $700.00
2nd: $400.00
3rd: $300.00
4th: $200.00
5th/6th: $100.00 (total)

Just letting Cameo Moy and Rich Howard know they will be the first to Qualify if they attend next tournament. :)

Not bad for a no-money added tournament and 80% of the field.

REMINDER: OUR NEXT TOURNAMENT WILL GIVE AWAY 1K, YES, 1K FOR FIRST WITH 64 PLAYERS AND FANTASTIC PAYOUTS FOR 2ND THROUGH 12TH*SEE FLYER ON WWW.RIDETHE9TOUR.COM FOR RULES, PERKS, SCHEDULE, AND MUCH,MUCH MORE.
Due to camera malfunction, not all pictures were processed. Our apologies.
Please tag those I was unable to tag! Thank you. Gloria Jean

Attachments

• 9ballb.jpg
    9ballb.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 226

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Note that Lucas who came in 3rd, is 15. Strong player for his age for sure, people were talking about his at the tournament in Fall River I was at with my son, they said that Lucas and my son where the top two kids they have seen play in person. He will be a high finisher in the tougher events very soon.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great person, player and bound for great things. Who is your son?

Alex Gurevich is my son. Don't know if Lucas is a great person, his nickname with everyone that I heard talk about him is "little *****" LOL, he is a good player though.