Now is the time for Pool on TV

PocketPooler

Silver Member
Seriously.

What else is there to watch? Baseball? Only the diehards care enough to watch at this point in the season.

July-September is the best time to have pool on TV.

Someone get on the horn with ESPN and tell them to get on the bus to Qatar.

Yesterday was good too. The forecast for tomorrow looks like a dandy as well.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Netflix. Barry Hearn needs to put the Mosconi Cups on there. They are well produced and the commentating is easy for the public to understand. It would get pool out to thousands of new viewers and help the game grow.

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Until someone like Hearn gets involved in pool to promote it like he did with snooker when it was going down hill across the pond, there is almost no chance for TV coverage. Cartoons on Saturday morning would get better ratings, and sponsors are not paying for air time with poor ratings. With all the chirping and sharking I see going on a lot of times, pool isn't ready for TV anyway.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Until someone like Hearn gets involved in pool to promote it like he did with snooker when it was going down hill across the pond, there is almost no chance for TV coverage. Cartoons on Saturday morning would get better ratings, and sponsors are not paying for air time with poor ratings. With all the chirping and sharking I see going on a lot of times, pool isn't ready for TV anyway.

The "chirping and sharking" is exactly what makes the Mosconi Cups good viewing to the uneducated public. Ever been to a Mosconi Cup? The difference between it and an ESPN broadcast is the energy. It gets loud. There's drama. Earl getting shitty with Boyes, Dechaine's melt downs. That's good tv! I'm not at all condoning that kind of behavior but if you want new viewers that is what will keep them watching.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Occasionally when I go out downtown I crash at a friends house downtown . Not sure exactly what it is but she's got a FAT setup as far as TV goes I think it's all Internet. In the process of binge watching SOA one night I ran across " a pool channel ". I didn't spend much time there but was able to see some random guys playing. The channel was massive. If I remember I'll try to find out what it was.

Teacherman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are only a hundred million or so people more interested in regular season baseball than pool.

You need a new antennae.

SilverCue

Sir Raksalot
Silver Member
When I was in Germany, TV ads were in a border and didn't interrupt the program.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk