OB chalk is noticeably smaller than other chalks...

DCS_SF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I just got a box of OB, and was excited to try it out tonight but ended up disappointed. Not because of the quality of the chalk though. Good news is I really like it. I was using blue diamond and honestly the two are very similar. The blue diamond is perhaps a bit messier but that was the only noticeable difference, but less mess is welcome.

Bad news is I use a porper chalk on a stick mostly to keep me from leaving my chalk behind. Typically the leather that holds the chalk in place snaps tightly around the chalk piece. I noticed right away the OB was much easier to snap it in but didn't think it was loose enough to fall out, but it did...two times during the match at which point I left it out.

Afterwards I compared the OB to master and my blue diamond piece and it is actually smaller. Maybe a mm or two all the way around. I'll probably use it without the holder until I lose them but with my track record that won't take long.

Anyway, if you use a holder beware that OB may not fit as well as your current chalk. An odd choice to reduce the size but it seems that they did.

CallShotCowboy

AZB Rose Gold
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can't believe it, unless there is photo proof...

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 470
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 440
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 472

DCS_SF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't believe it, unless there is photo proof...

:lol: Very scientific.

I just checked mine again to make sure I hadn't completely lost it and it is definitely smaller than the master and blue diamond. I will snap some pictures of it a little later.

DCS_SF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I took some pictures. Yes I realize this is a trivial complaint in the grand scheme of things :wink:.

I did wrap the one in tape and it seems like it will hold, but I'll have to see next time I play.

93yR4Ep.jpg

s8t3zZK.jpg

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Yeah, I wonder if they ordered like that from manufacturer, just curious. But hey, at least it's not round :) And, according to Dr. Dave, it's pretty good chalk as well. It was rated very highly.