OB Classic shaft replacement

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a custom cue made by Alex Brick using a John Davis blank, and a Royce Bunnell OB Classic shaft. We worked together on a full splice butt designed for what we thought would be the best hitting cue: Bocote handle, Ebony forearm, OB Classic shaft. Unfortunately all have passed and fortunately for me I survived and am looking for a replacement shaft.

I contacted OB Cues but they are not making the OB Classic shaft which I really like. Since this is discontinued, what is the best way to get a replacement OB Classic shaft with the same ring work or do you think a different shaft would be better?

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a custom cue made by Alex Brick using a John Davis blank, and a Royce Bunnell OB Classic shaft. We worked together on a full splice butt designed for what we thought would be the best hitting cue: Bocote handle, Ebony forearm, OB Classic shaft. Unfortunately all have passed and fortunately for me I survived and am looking for a replacement shaft.

I contacted OB Cues but they are not making the OB Classic shaft which I really like. Since this is discontinued, what is the best way to get a replacement OB Classic shaft with the same ring work or do you think a different shaft would be better?
JJ cues still had some recently. http://jjcue.com/. There is also Billiards Heaven or http://www.ebaystores.com/Nielsens-Billiards. They have everything.

crazy8legs

Registered
Wow this was hard to believe! Four of the five cues I own have an OB Classic shaft. The other cue has a Predator Vantage shaft which I really like too, maybe even moreso. (I just didn't care for the stock tip and put on a G2.)

Also I've heard good things about OB's torrified shafts and their carbon fiber shaft, but haven't got to hit with either.

I'm looking to go carbon fiber because I can't stand the dings (and I'm very careful). I just haven't hit with one that felt great yet.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Wow this was hard to believe! Four of the five cues I own have an OB Classic shaft. The other cue has a Predator Vantage shaft which I really like too, maybe even moreso. (I just didn't care for the stock tip and put on a G2.)

Also I've heard good things about OB's torrified shafts and their carbon fiber shaft, but haven't got to hit with either.

I'm looking to go carbon fiber because I can't stand the dings (and I'm very careful). I just haven't hit with one that felt great yet.

How do u get dings in your shafts? Do you hit balls with the side of your shafts? I 've played with the same shaft for 31 yrs without dings.

crazy8legs

Registered
How do u get dings in your shafts? Do you hit balls with the side of your shafts? I 've played with the same shaft for 31 yrs without dings.
Maybe that's how it happens. They're never big but I like it super smooth. And I'm impressed you've had no dings in such a long period of time. You are in the minority on that. When the cue repair guy comes by the pool hall there are a ton of people asking him to clean up their shafts.