OB Classic shaft

corpse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got my new shaft, can anyone tell me if they come with a lacquer finish on it? Don't want to sand on it if its gonna mess it up or affect the warranty.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just got my new shaft, can anyone tell me if they come with a lacquer finish on it? Don't want to sand on it if its gonna mess it up or affect the warranty.

Contact OB. They are customer friendly. You'll get your best advice from them.
I use a Q-wiz on mine.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
They just lacquer the first 6 to 8 inches, the rest is all wood. So, 3000 grit SP is not gonna harm anything and will keep it smooth. I've had my OB's for a over 6 months, and for whatever reason, they seem to need a lot less cleaning ?? I don't get it, but I clean them less than my old shafts using a shaft cleaner and occasionally using 3000 grit to polish it up nice and slick

corpse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They just lacquer the first 6 to 8 inches, the rest is all wood. So, 3000 grit SP is not gonna harm anything and will keep it smooth. I've had my OB's for a over 6 months, and for whatever reason, they seem to need a lot less cleaning ?? I don't get it, but I clean them less than my old shafts using a shaft cleaner and occasionally using 3000 grit to polish it up nice and slick

Thank u that helps. Great hitting shaft

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Thank u that helps. Great hitting shaft

They sure are! I love mine.

I have 2500-grit paper that I use on mine...about once every 2-3 weeks. Keeps it slick as owl snot (to quote my dad's favorite phrase).

Best LD shaft I've ever owned.