OB Lift

Plagueis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have any experience with the OB Lift jump cues? I only just noticed the ferrule was the stacked wood that OB uses. How do they compare with other jumpers? Considering Jacoby makes jump cues with brass ferrules the stacked wood must make some difference, anyone use both and have any input?

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
it gets time to get used to. your follow through and angle. once you get used to it its a good jump cue. like anyother. youre still gonna miss. lol. we all do.

Plagueis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree completely, personally I think it's hideous but I'm more interested in how the cue plays considering their softer ferrule.

BogeyFree

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've hit with a lot of different jump cues and the OB Lift is the best one out there IMO. It jumps like a beast.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've hit with a lot of different jump cues and the OB Lift is the best one out there IMO. It jumps like a beast.

I've never tried the OB but my favorite is the Pechauer.
Truly amazing jumper.
I had tried about 4 or 5 other cues before I settled on the Pecahauer.
Generally speaking I find using a dedicated jumper much better than using a J/B cue.

BogeyFree

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed on the dedicated jumper. I haven't found any j/b's that break nearly as well as a dedicated jumper, including the Alex Brick's and Tony Layne's.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed on the dedicated jumper. I haven't found any j/b's that break nearly as well as a dedicated jumper, including the Alex Brick's and Tony Layne's.

I've been using a Brick for couple of years.
Have two shafts for it.
One with phenolic and the other with Black Kamui Hard, which I much prefer over phenolic, just too used to breaking with a leather tip after having done that for so many years.
Using phenolic on a jumper seems fine though.

Treyf123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a suggestion here but if you are looking for a jumper you cant go wrong with a Lomax Jump cue... IMO they are by far the best jump cue on the market there is a reason they hardly ever come up for sale used

Plagueis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a suggestion here but if you are looking for a jumper you cant go wrong with a Lomax Jump cue... IMO they are by far the best jump cue on the market there is a reason they hardly ever come up for sale used

Lomax is the best jumper but your signature says you use a jacoby?

DJ14.1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have any experience with the OB Lift jump cues? I only just noticed the ferrule was the stacked wood that OB uses. How do they compare with other jumpers? Considering Jacoby makes jump cues with brass ferrules the stacked wood must make some difference, anyone use both and have any input?

One personal vote for the Jacoby instead of the OB Lift. Research the other threads on jump cues. Alot of good info posted on them.