OB Pro+

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was searching for a review on the OB Pro+ Shaft and was unable to find any reviews on it in the forum section. Does anyone have experience with one? Are they a good shaft? How does it compare to the OB 2+? I currently use an OB 2+ and the only part I don't like is the lack of feedback when I hit the cue ball.

Masseyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an OB 2+ pro taper also. I bought mine last year at the CSI Nationals in Vegas from Royce (great Guy!) I was shocked to hear of his passing!

I spent an hour and a half hitting balls around on the practice table with all the different shafts they had. In the end it came down to the 2+ or the Pro+. Since both felt very similar to me I went with the 2+ because, for me, it felt a little better than the Pro+.

Royce was very patient with me while I decided which one I liked best. I even spent an hour at the Predator booth hitting their different shafts until I decided the OB felt better to me.
I agree the feedback of OB is a little lacking. The only cue I have shot with that had the best feedback, IHMO, was a Sugartree. But I do love my OB cue.

Sorry I can't give you the feedback on the Pro+ you are looking for.

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All good, thanks for the input. I'm just looking for something that has a little more feel to it if you know what I mean.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use the OB Pro +, which is similar to yours but may have some more of the traditional hit that you're looking for.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I was searching for a review on the OB Pro+ Shaft and was unable to find any reviews on it in the forum section. Does anyone have experience with one? Are they a good shaft? How does it compare to the OB 2+? I currently use an OB 2+ and the only part I don't like is the lack of feedback when I hit the cue ball.

The only difference between those 2 shafts if the ferrule. One is stacked maple, the only small white melamine ferrule. They have the same taper and diameter.

The stacked maple hits softer and the melamine hits firm. So, the "harder" hit will feel a little more like a "maple" regular shaft. I'm not sure what "feedback" means, or what it's suppose to be like. I shoot the ball, it goes in the pocket, feedback is good then ;)

drhanson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing with an OB Pro + shaft for the past seven months. Before I had the regular OB Pro, and the OB-1 prior to that. The OB Pro + gives the best feedback by far. By feedback I mean that the shaft has a firm, crisp hit that probably vibrates at a higher frequency than the muted, soft hit, low frequency vibration of the older styles. I find it is more similar to a solid maple shaft in that regard.

I also found that using a Kamui Black Clear Medium tip helps provide even more feedback.

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing with an OB Pro + shaft for the past seven months. Before I had the regular OB Pro, and the OB-1 prior to that. The OB Pro + gives the best feedback by far. By feedback I mean that the shaft has a firm, crisp hit that probably vibrates at a higher frequency than the muted, soft hit, low frequency vibration of the older styles. I find it is more similar to a solid maple shaft in that regard.

I also found that using a Kamui Black Clear Medium tip helps provide even more feedback.

This is what I'm looking for in the shaft. You were able to word what I meant by feel.