October 13th $50 9ball Waco,TX

9Ball_JJ

Newbie Fo' Life
Silver Member
Mystick Cue Fan said:
Wouldn't mind that.....you going this weekend?

Tony
I can't make it this weekend homie. Where you been at?? I haven't run into you since the last time you were in Waco. I'm gonna try and make the F.E. tournament in Waco though. :D

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Action....?

Mystick Cue Fan said:
I'm sure he would......and I'm sure I'll take the 8 from you too.....

Tony

It sounds like we will have some matchin up going on!!!

We will be having several $20 entry 10 Ball ring games on Friday night. Each game will be limited to 6 players. You will get (1) point on the 5 and (2) points on the 10. first player to reach 10 points will win. Loads of fun!!!
These will be played on the 9ft GCIII's with Simonis Cloth.

Anyone interested please call with your intentions, so we can plan on the number of tables needed.

Thanks

Ray

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Be there by 11:00am

Bigtruck said:
This event is being held the second Saturday to co-ordinate with the Houston Open. See details about that event here on AZ Forums.

NOVEMBER EVENT WILL BE SATURDAY - NOV 3, 2007

This is NOT an open event. You may play if you have not had a 5-6th or better finish in any major tournament. ie Fast Eddies 9Ball Tour, Midwest 9 Ball Tour, Joss Northeast Tour etc.

We have a council to determine eligibility for players that do not play in tournaments or may have had a 5-6th or better finish with extenuating circumstances.

Please call to see if you qualify. To "GET ON THE LIST" you must call when you are leaving your area or mail your entry FEE in early. You must be present at 11:00am PAID OR NOT or any "stand-by" players will be awarded your spot. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you pay ahead and can't make it by 11:00am and you lose your place to a stand by, you WILL get a full refund.

To pull this off in 1 day we must start ON time.

There will be NO more seeding. All draws will be random!

Here is a link to the Flyer. Click Here for Flyer***NOTE*** The phone number on the flyer is NOW correct!

Ray
254-379-2569 cell
877-379-2569 toll free cell

Our 1st place finisher will now receive a handsome plaque commemorating the event in addition to entry paid to the Fast Eddies 9ball Tour event in Waco and a sporty little payday too!

Must call Saturday Morning to get on the list.

Ray
254-379-2569

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
New Winner!!

Dragon Cue said:
Any body know who won the tournament? Pretty strong field.

David Escobedo Snapped it off tonight in Waco! You could tell he was feelin' it. Won the hot seat and finished off.

Ray

kurty2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chelo

how did chelo do. and wow wow big nose david won the whole thing good for him

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Celo

Dragon Cue said:
Chelo didn't do too well this time.

Celo is always a strong competitor! We had 4 returning champions and a couple of previous runner-ups this months.

I'll be posting the full story a little later.:)

Ray

Dragon Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, indeed. It was a great tournament. Very well run & organized.

If it's not too much trouble, can you please list the results from 1st-8th places? Thanks Ray! Can't wait until Nov 3rd.

DC

mark8950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
results for oct tourney?

ray were is the results for the clicks tourney? also did u let hippie play? sparky

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Results

mark8950 said:
ray were is the results for the clicks tourney? also did u let hippie play? sparky

No, Hippie Dave didn't get to play. When he discovered that he would have to produce some ID with his real name, he mumbled something about the Government taking his picture and he never asked to play again.

Sorry For not having the results story up yet, I caught a cold over the weekend and have been heavily medicated.It will be up asap.

Thanks

Ray

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Results

Dragon Cue said:
Yes, indeed. It was a great tournament. Very well run & organized.

If it's not too much trouble, can you please list the results from 1st-8th places? Thanks Ray! Can't wait until Nov 3rd.

DC

Well the turnout in Waco was +10 players over October 2006!! 34 Players Made their way to Clicks Billiards for the October Event! Let me tell you it was nothing short of spooky!

Top picks for this month were returning champions Louie Pacheco, Jon Rollins and Celo Velasquez, also among the top picks are a pair of very straight shooting Austin players, Brian Sanders and Nick Hood!

Our 5-6th place finishers were a couple of guys who both play very well and both do it differently, but ended up in the same place! Congratulations to Jon Rollins of the DFW area and Benny Scott from Waco. Good Shooting guys!

Big jump in pay to 4th place was Austin?s own Brian Sanders. Brian was playing really fast and loose. Seems to hurt him more towards the finals??.this guy can snap this off. I?m sure!

Another raise and 3rd place goes to Brenham?s Ricky Mewis. Ricky was giving a clinic in the ring games Friday night and it carried over to Saturday! Good Player!

Well that only leaves 2. Some times a little break from pool can really take your game to a new depth. Nick Hood from Austin, TX just recently had a cast removed from one arm. He was playing like a thirsty man in the desert and the water was the Finals!! Nick started out the day Defeating Frank Cherry 7-5, then, Henry Rocha 7-6, and then Ricky Mewis 7-3 and Benny Scott 7-6. Nick would now have a shot at the hot seat!!

David Escobedo and his really beautiful sidekick Connie have made several of our Events here in Waco. They are always a ton of fun??..but today David had no distractions, Connie couldn?t make it. David was on cruise control as he swept through his ? of the bracket defeating Frankie Loftin 7-5, returning Champion Celo Velasquez 7-6!!, He would then win over Straight shooting ?old school? champion from the 80?s Charlie Bennett 7-2. Returning Champion Jon Rollins 7-5! Only one left in the winner?s side, Nick Hood from Austin. Nick put up on a great showing, but would lose to David Escobedo 7-6!! Nick goes to the one loss side and defeats Ricky Mewis of Brenham 7-4 for another shot David Escobedo.

The Final Race to 9 was a great match and both players deserve a pat on the back, but only one could be Champion. When the dust settled it was 9-7 and David Escobedo would be our new Champion!

Special thanks to Jim Ashby, manager of Clicks Waco. Without Jim?s support and guidance, none of this would be possible. Also thanks to James Hanshew, of Hanshew Custom Cues, who has supported this event for over a year now. James is a stand up guy who makes an awesome player cue. Thank you, Lewis Jones and Paul Blank of PKL Promotions. These guys run the Fast Eddies 9Ball Tour and few other select events including the Texas Open. They have been a source of constant support and inspiration.

1st = 1450 +entry to the Fast Eddies 9 Ball Tour in Waco, PKL Promotions
2nd = 725 + entry to the Fast Eddies 9Ball Tour in Waco, Cue & A Billiard Promotions
3rd = 410
4th = 240
5-6th = 50/50