Olhausen Grand Champion

ramw5p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Evening all. Have been looking for a table my kids can learn on / beat up, and is good. Was hoping to get a Gold Crown 9ft, but am not finding them locally [charlotte] for a decent price...aka one that I can afford. Found a Olhausen Grand Champion 9ft, local mechanic/mover selling it delivered/installed for $2300. I can't find a lot of reviews on this table, other then people seem to think the GC is better. Im not in a rush - what say ya'll? TIA

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are not in a rush than I would vote for waiting on that good used GC. The main reason I say that is because the GC will just hold it’s value much better, and for 2300 you should be able land that GC for the same money as the Olhausen. I don’t think you have to worry about the kids causing harm to a commercial Brunswick. Those tables survived extreme duty in halls for decades so I doubt your kids will do any serious harm. My bet is those kids will appreciate that table and what you did for them, and most important, the trust you have in them.

ramw5p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks...thats my thoughts as well, but at $2300 delivered and setup I had to ask. Someone quoted me 700 to move and setup a GC...so thats a huge potential cost. Maybe the fact that is is going to be installed in 3rd floor bonus room isn't a positive if your a table mover :).

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
I seemed to have always found the Grand Champions when I was searching for a Gold Crown as well. Stay searching and wait for what you want, it'll be worth the wait.

What kept me from picking up a Grand Champion was the AccuFast cushions and I couldn't tell from any pictures if the Grand Champion had the same angles as Olhausen furniture tables and spit balls out bad.