OMGWTF v CUBC Shot #4: What Would You Do Here?

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've ended the game reference in the title because I'm never going to be able to keep track of which game it is. This shot is paused at 32:11. CUBC has BIH and opts to play safe. Although he ends up winning this game, was this the correct shot? Do you feel this shot was correct given the handicap and/or the ability of OMGWTF? If you feel this wasn't the correct shot, how would you have played it?

NOTE: It appears the 9-ball does not prevent the shooter from pocketing the 6-ball.



CueTable Help

 
I remember this game. I was shocked he didnt try to run out. When I saw it I just assumed the 6 wouldnt go, because if it did go, this is an EASY runout.
 
If the 6 goes, run out. Why chance letting the opponet back to the table, especially with the spot, too much can happen. It's a fairly simple out, only thing is making sure you have an angle on the 7 to get out past the 9 to be able to make the 8.
 
Hi

Hi Jude,

I could have/would have run out 6,7,8, &9. Safety play wasn't a "wrong" move imo... maybe he was trying to assess her abilities further.

Please present more of these as they are interesting.

-Peace
 
Yeah, it seems like everyone is in agreement here. The reason I felt it necessary to post this shot is because CUBC made (IMO) a critical error here and just barely got away with it. There simply was no purpose to this safety. In fact, it was only making the out more difficult because he was relocating the 6-ball to an even more uncomfortable location. Even though he had met the typical objectives of a safety, it didn't improve his chances of winning. In fact, given the two layouts, I would rather attempt to run out with BIH right now than with BIH AFTER his safety.
 
When I was watching I didn't think that the 7 passed the 9 on the end rail.

Could be my viewer or bad computer screen.:D
 
Back
Top