Opinions on Porper Cases

nrsnyder

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was wondering if anybody had any opinions(good or bad) on Porper cases, specifically the Signaure Square Series? I know there are better cases out there, but I want specific comments on these particular ones. Also, are you able to put the cue in joint and/or butt first. Thank You.

Last edited:

crawdaddio

Used and registered
Silver Member
I don't know what the "square" ones are, but The porper oval (I think) are great. Really light weight, reasonable protection, and easily affordable. I will have to buy a new one to replace the one I just lost.

~DC

JPB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nrsnyder said:
I was wondering if anybody had any opinions(good or bad) on Porper cases, specifically the Signaure Square Series? I know there are better cases out there, but I want specific comments on these particular ones. Also, are you able to put the cue in joint and/or butt first. Thank You.

I don't like them. In some ways they are a good value. And as posted above, they are light weight and offer reasonable protection. However, I don't like the tubes and the most recent one I have put gunk on some cues. Black gunk from the tubes. Didn't hurt anything really. I don't think it's very easy to get the butts out, particularly if they kind of sink. I also don't like the top with its cheap styrofoam. So my 2X4 barely used porper sits in a closet. Best cue is in an instroke. Other cues sit in other stuff. Whitten is on order. ;)

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
nrsnyder,

I have both Porper 2 x 4 leather and external travel bag for the case. I have had no problems. The case comes with foam inserts to change the depth of the tubes. I'd bet my case has over a hundred thousand miles on it. Perfect!!!! I can't speak for the vinyl verson of the same case or the "flop open" style zippered cases. I'm not sure what the "square" case is as well. Good luck!

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have had various Porper cases and use one now. I don't use the hard square case because some of the fatter cues have a hard time pressing into the tapered holes. I use one of his 4 X 8 soft full zipper cases. I can also carry two more butts in it if desired. That is 6 cues and 8 shafts. Since I build cues this allows me to carry my three playing cues and three to sell. I have used it for about five years and it has held up well.
Chris
www.cuesmith.com
www.internationalcuemakers.com

landshark77

------blank------
Silver Member
I love my Porper case. However, mine too is the oval 2X4. Never had any problem with it. I stick mine in joint first, never tried the other way. I don't think the opening is big enough butt first though. Some shafts do sink down flush with the foam, so sometimes I must use the joint pin to extract my shaft, LOL. I think this may depend on the length of your shaft though. I only have a problem with my break shaft doing this. Plus Joe and his employees are great to deal with. IMO, for a plain case, you can't go wrong with a Porper.

Hope this helps.