Opinions on XBreaker Break Cue

IamCalvin06

Yang "The Son of Pool"
Silver Member
Does anyone out there have a 1st generation xbreaker?

What are the differences between the 1st generation and so forth?

I have broken with a Predator BK2 and was wondering what AZ'rs thought about the Xbreaker compared to the BK2

Any insights are appreciated. I ask b/c im thinking of purchasing a xbreaker 1stgeneration.
 
I've had 2 first gen x-breakers. The one I use is the black, and I had a black lizzard wrap put on it. The performance is awesome!! I call it my "money maker" because I paid for it with tournament winnings in the first few weeks I was using it. Sometimes you can pick one up cheap, and I highly recommend them. It jumps as good as anything I've jumped with also.

1st gen xbreakers have a quick release for the jump cue instead of a full 5/16x14 pin that was on later models. Also the 1st gen's have thin silver decorative rings, but I think they took those out because the rings tend to pop out a little through the finish. I think the tip was changed a little for the later generations also.
 
I would not buy one of the early ones with rings. I contemplated buying one, but after trying it out I decided against it. The rings were really popping out and the construction did not seem first rate to me. Of course, they made obvious upgrades in construction on the later models.
 
Schwinn said:
I would not buy one of the early ones with rings. I contemplated buying one, but after trying it out I decided against it. The rings were really popping out and the construction did not seem first rate to me. Of course, they made obvious upgrades in construction on the later models.

People often refer to X-Breaker as 1st 2nd 3rd generation, but actually Richard was often improving his design within the same generation. The "older" 1st gens had problems. He made improvements to the later revisions. Most of the problems were never too serious in the first place, but he was under a lot of scrutiny because he was asking $350-400 for a jump/break cue which was, at that time, a nearly unheard of price (except for custom). Sledgehammers sold for around $225 on eBay at that time.
 
Back
Top