OPINIONS PLEASE ON Mister 100 - Raymond Ceulemans

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
if anyone has read the book would you give a critique please?
thanks in advance
 
If you enjoy studying systems its very good.
If you have a Billiard library its a must have.
 
thanks for the reply
after 143 views id thought id get some more critiques....:(

OK: nearly impossible to understand because the English is not written by an English speaker. Overly complicated, There are much simpler systems Some of the systems don't even work (i.e;:reversing the rail system).

I doubt Ceulemens even read the book much less wrote it. This is borne out by Coulemens saying he never learned any systems until after he won his third world title. BTW, in 1996, I was standing next to Caudrone who is Ceulemans' protege when someone asked him where the "Mr. 100" book could be found. Caudrone looked askance and said, "I have no idea.". Obviously he didn't have one.

Same goes for Hoppe's book: the diagrams for the corner five system in that one make no sense. Also the chapter heading is THE DIAMOND SYSTEM. As if there were only one. Most all systems are diamond systems.
 
OK: nearly impossible to understand because the English is not written by an English speaker. Overly complicated, There are much simpler systems Some of the systems don't even work (i.e;:reversing the rail system).

I doubt Ceulemens even read the book much less wrote it. This is borne out by Coulemens saying he never learned any systems until after he won his third world title. BTW, in 1996, I was standing next to Caudrone who is Ceulemans' protege when someone asked him where the "Mr. 100" book could be found. Caudrone looked askance and said, "I have no idea.". Obviously he didn't have one.

Same goes for Hoppe's book: the diagrams for the corner five system in that one make no sense. Also the chapter heading is THE DIAMOND SYSTEM. As if there were only one. Most all systems are diamond systems.

THANK YOU FOR AN HONEST OPINION
:thumbup:
 

Great Article Bert!

Quote: "If a cloth is brand new, and the table mechanic has done his very, very best to stretch it to its limit, the table will be almost unplayably long for a few days. This is a good thing: it means it will be "normal” for months to come. If it plays "normal” on day 1, your mechanic is no star and the billiard will be shorter than Danny de Vito three weeks from now."

Yura stopped by last weekend to correct some things on my table which required a new cloth. Right now the balls are rolling like they're on ice. A healthy 1/2 diamond long. Stretched just South of its tensile strength.
 
Study systems all you want. Testing a table to see what adjustments you need to make to your "guidelines", fine by me. But those are "blunt instruments". There is no substitute for intuitive knowledge. If I drive through a busy street with double-parked cars right and left, I never once get out of the car to measure the gap, then check the manual for the car's width. I trust my eyes, and my internal computing devices.
 
Last edited:
Study systems all you want. Testing a table to see what adjustments you need to make to your "guidelines", fine by me. But those are "blunt instruments". There is no substitute for intuitive knowledge. If I drive through a busy street with double-parked cars right and left, I never once get out of the car to measure the gap, then check the manual for the car's width. I trust my eyes, and my internal computing devices.

we are 100% in agreement with the bolded statement above
my only addition is i dont beleive "book"knowledge is bad
check you pm
 
Back
Top