Ordered MEZZ with ExPro ... :)

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ordered Mezz AXI (wavy) with ExPro shaft.

Cant wait to try :)

Any experience with this combo?

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

Got the cue today, flawless design, no imperfections at all. Amazing finish...

Will test it tomorrow...

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please report in on this, i would love to hear first hand experience about the ex pro. Hows the taper, hits hard or soft, LD to what extent and so on. Not much info out there yet, so Im waiting eagerly to hear from you :)

Oh, almost forgot; Pics or didnt happen :wink:

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

OK so I got AXI-N with ExPro shaft.

As with all Mezz cues quality is second to none. No imperfections, perfect finish etc.

I wanted 19oz cue but it arrived as 19.5oz.

Cue plays perfect! Shaft is pretty forgivable even though its 12.5mm. Color of the shaft is very light so that 12.5mm does not appear thin at all.
I did not measure tapper yet, however, it does not appear to be regular extended taper, I have feeling that its between conical and regular taper, however, it may be subjective. Will update for this.

ZAN tip does not play soft at all, its more like medium tip so that cue almost produces that "pong" sound as with Triangle tip. Its very easy to control cue ball, apply spin, draw and follow.

I only used ZAN HybridMax before and I like this ZAN Soft better. HybridMax had more of that spongy feel even thought it was very very good one.

This cue has that feeling where you know right away if you aimed good or not. I can position cueball with easy.
Cue could play softer if it was 19oz, I was scared that with 19.5oz it would be hard to control speed but its not the case. Furthermore I dont want to change the weight for now.

Looks like that ZAN Soft + 19.5oz combo compensate each other somehow.

Expro is low deflection shaft. I just need some more time to get familiar with it so I can compare to 314. OB classic is more low deflection but it was 12.75mm.
Its way better than WX700 shaft thats for sure.

I will use it for some time and than update. This cue it definitely a keeper!!! :)

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for posting that :eek:

Please share a few pics, or atleast the exact model of the cue as Im drooling all over the place on Mezz's. They are something special, thats for sure. Glad you are enjoying yours :)

E: Wow. Thank you sir for sharing those exact measurements with us. I appreciate it a ton as I may have an Exceed coming in sometime and I've been on the fence about what shaft to pick with it.

Last edited:

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

OK here are ExPro tapper measurement, measured from the top of the ferrule, every inch down, towards joint.

Top of ferrule: 12.52mm

(going down...)

1" - 12.62mm
2" - 12.74mm
3" - 12.84mm
4" - 13.04mm
5" - 13.20mm
6" - 13.32mm
7" - 13.40mm
8" - 13.54mm
9" - 13.70mm
10" - 13.80mm
11" - 13.90mm
12" - 14.00mm
13" - 14.20mm
14" - 14.30mm
15" - 14.50mm
16" - 14.70mm
17" - 15.00mm
18" - 15.30mm

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The new Mezz cues are excellent players.
As good - and in many cases better - than many of the top custom makers out there.

Congratulations on a great cue.

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
picures

some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_4654.jpg
    IMG_4654.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,387
  • IMG_4655.jpg
    IMG_4655.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,814
  • IMG_4656.jpg
    IMG_4656.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,401

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

Long time ago I had Mezz EC-N and sold it here for $150 just to try other brands. That was my biggest mistake regarding cues :)

Since than I never owned batter cue until now.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent choice. I have the same one but I have a WX900 & WX700.

Any thoughts on the shaft and cue?

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could you tell us how much the EX PRO weighs?

And what weight bolt do you have in the butt? I am curious how heavy it would be with the Mezz 2 oz bolt.

Thanks

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ordered Mezz AXI (wavy) with ExPro shaft.

Cant wait to try :)

Any experience with this combo?

Congratulations. The AXI line are great cues, the EX Pro shaft is a very advanced shaft, that plays great, they allready come with the best tip on the market, Zan :)

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could you tell us how much the EX PRO weighs?

And what weight bolt do you have in the butt? I am curious how heavy it would be with the Mezz 2 oz bolt.

Thanks

Sorry I dont have scale. If I find out I will let you know.

Weight bolt is in, will have to find correct screw driver to take it out.

DrewRgnr

Registered
hi

OK so I got AXI-N with ExPro shaft.

As with all Mezz cues quality is second to none. No imperfections, perfect finish etc.

I wanted 19oz cue but it arrived as 19.5oz.

Cue plays perfect! Shaft is pretty forgivable even though its 12.5mm. Color of the shaft is very light so that 12.5mm does not appear thin at all.
I did not measure tapper yet, however, it does not appear to be regular extended taper, I have feeling that its between conical and regular taper, however, it may be subjective. Will update for this.

ZAN tip does not play soft at all, its more like medium tip so that cue almost produces that "pong" sound as with Triangle tip. Its very easy to control cue ball, apply spin, draw and follow.

I only used ZAN HybridMax before and I like this ZAN Soft better. HybridMax had more of that spongy feel even thought it was very very good one.

This cue has that feeling where you know right away if you aimed good or not. I can position cueball with easy.
Cue could play softer if it was 19oz, I was scared that with 19.5oz it would be hard to control speed but its not the case. Furthermore I dont want to change the weight for now.

Looks like that ZAN Soft + 19.5oz combo compensate each other somehow.

Expro is low deflection shaft. I just need some more time to get familiar with it so I can compare to 314. OB classic is more low deflection but it was 12.75mm.
Its way better than WX700 shaft thats for sure.

I will use it for some time and than update. This cue it definitely a keeper!!! :)
Hi, so i wanna buy expro shaft and i think this thread is just right place to ask an opinion even it's already 4 years. Could you tell your opinion about the expro shaft after 4 years and what the best tip to put on it?

Thankyou