Outsville back from Tunica!!! part 1

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
After a few brutal weeks in Tunica I crawled in last night and started reflecting on the The Ultimate 10ball and the Southern Classic....

It was great seeing the women and men professionals in the same venue for the Ultimate 10ball... With the men dressed up and the women their in full force the aesthetics were WAYYYYYY better than what we got to see when The Southern Classic started....

I was also impressed with the play of the women... I have known the level of play in men's pool may be at an all time high but after watching several of the women's matches they have seriously upped their level of pay as well... Just between us I may have a major school boy crush on Kelly Fisher after watching her matches... sorry Jasmin you have been replaced......

Predator was in the house for the Ultimate and they had the new BK3 and AirII with them..... The BK3 has some new technology and a change in balance... I'd say it was easier to generate speed with it than with my BK2... I'd need a few days with 1 to recommend it over the BK2 but that love affair has been going on for 4+ years now and the BK3 is the first time I have even considered a divorce....

The AIR II works... It frickin works... The original AIR was a 1 trick pony in that it got the ball up fast but was almost useless in many instances... I watched John Morra, Mike Dechaine and a few other pros attempt a full table jump while drawing the cueball back up table and scratching... It was sick to say the least..... I wish they had stuck around so I had more than 10 minutes trying out the new products but they were packed and gone by the start of the Southern.....

I spoke to several vendors on the amateur side and while Tony raked in the dough the others seemed to have been less fortunate depending on the price point of their wares... The foot traffic was wayyy better than last years and I would almost bet you will see the same faces next year plus a few more.....

We had Outsville setup in the booth with Accu-Stats in the professional tournament room and traffic there was dismal... On the positive side I met Fathomblue and Rhatten..

CJ Wiley installed the Outsville Ki-Techs and that led to Cliff Joyner, Alex and several other players to ask about them and receive demo tips after hitting CJ's cue or watching and hearing the noise the tips made when pinning the ball...

I still need to send tips out to Justin Hall and a cpl of other pros who I missed the last night because of tearing down the equipment......

---- end of part 1------
 
I was gonna start a thread, but I'm gonna wait till the "results" are in and conclusive.

I have to give a BIG shout-out to Chris Renfro.

He helped me do something at the table that no one has ever been to do. That's to see one image. Yes, just one. I have double-vision almost all of the time and have had to close one eye while playing, just to make it tolerable.

Chris added a nice constant to my PSR, my step/physical approach to the table and completely revamped my stance......which changed my head position. My brain is still trying to fool me a tiny, tiny bit, but I'm hoping enough table time will cause it to re-wire itself. I also still instinctively try to close one eye, but again, I'm hoping that habit gets broken.

I went all in with it the next day and jumped up on Chris Melling 1-0. Needless to say, I lost 9-1, lol, but I actually had several chances to make it more like a 9-3 or 9-4 set, but I choked. This IS WAY different than what I'm accustomed to, so it's gonna take time.

Anyway, thanks a bunch, Chris. And I'll admit, for the first 2 minutes of you trying to fix me......yeah, I thought you were full of $hit. Then we got me my body in just that right spot and it clicked. Now it's on me to keep it up.

Hope that didn't offend you, because I've had people for the past 20+ years try to fix that issue with me, but to no avail. So, I was pretty giddy when you made that much progress in such a short amount of time.

Now, can you fix it that I won't see double when I'm driving? :D

Also, shoot me a PM, because I want to try one of those "medium" tips of yours.......that has that "click".
 
Heyas Justin glad you made it home safe... I am also glad to hear that the changes we made are working fairly well and getting you on the right track...

The double vision is a nightmare to get past playing pool but it is not completely uncommon... Convergence deficiency or the inability for the eyes to cross is the underlying cause.....

What happens is that the images you see don't end up hitting on the fovea of both eyes... The idea behind the change we made was to direct your dominant eye to the very very outside edge of it's fovea which would cause the image in the non-dominant eye to be as different as possible to the dominant image....

The idea behind this is that the brain will start to suppress the double image and begin to ignore the image that it knows is completely incorrect.. In children this is a common occurrence but as an adult it will require you to continue what we started for as long as is required to retrain the brain....

One tip I forgot to mention to you is that when you are having lots of trouble with seeing double you can actually use rapid eye blinks to force visual resets and they should help the brain to learn to suppress the image from the non dominant eye..Just make sure that you are in the right position and it's not a change in head position that has improved the non dominat image to the point of being close to the domiant that is behind it... Yes I know you will look funny but not near as funny as some guy shooting everything into the rail....

As far as the Medium Ki-Techs are concerned I think I have a few left from the tournament but I haven't unpacked the car yet... I will likely do that tonight and I will PM you if there are enough to go around.. Otherwise it will be this weekend before I have more mediums.. I started 200 last night so it will be Friday night at the earliest before they are ready for the presses......

Shoot straight,
Chris
 
Last edited:
Thanks again for the TIPs, Chris, they are awesome indeed

After a few brutal weeks in Tunica I crawled in last night and started reflecting on the The Ultimate 10ball and the Southern Classic....

It was great seeing the women and men professionals in the same venue for the Ultimate 10ball... With the men dressed up and the women their in full force the aesthetics were WAYYYYYY better than what we got to see when The Southern Classic started....

I was also impressed with the play of the women... I have known the level of play in men's pool may be at an all time high but after watching several of the women's matches they have seriously upped their level of pay as well... Just between us I may have a major school boy crush on Kelly Fisher after watching her matches... sorry Jasmin you have been replaced......

Predator was in the house for the Ultimate and they had the new BK3 and AirII with them..... The BK3 has some new technology and a change in balance... I'd say it was easier to generate speed with it than with my BK2... I'd need a few days with 1 to recommend it over the BK2 but that love affair has been going on for 4+ years now and the BK3 is the first time I have even considered a divorce....

The AIR II works... It frickin works... The original AIR was a 1 trick pony in that it got the ball up fast but was almost useless in many instances... I watched John Morra, Mike Dechaine and a few other pros attempt a full table jump while drawing the cueball back up table and scratching... It was sick to say the least..... I wish they had stuck around so I had more than 10 minutes trying out the new products but they were packed and gone by the start of the Southern.....

I spoke to several vendors on the amateur side and while Tony raked in the dough the others seemed to have been less fortunate depending on the price point of their wares... The foot traffic was wayyy better than last years and I would almost bet you will see the same faces next year plus a few more.....

We had Outsville setup in the booth with Accu-Stats in the professional tournament room and traffic there was dismal... On the positive side I met Fathomblue and Rhatten..

CJ Wiley installed the Outsville Ki-Techs and that led to Cliff Joyner, Alex and several other players to ask about them and receive demo tips after hitting CJ's cue or watching and hearing the noise the tips made when pinning the ball...

I still need to send tips out to Justin Hall and a cpl of other pros who I missed the last night because of tearing down the equipment......

---- end of part 1------


Thanks again for the TIPs, Chris, they are awesome indeed. I definitely have to upgrade my equipment, the days of the "Le Pro" are long past, and the tip I had must have been a fossil, it was "harder than chinese arithmetic". The ones you gave me spin the ball more than any I've ever seen, and the medium one produces the ideal "pinning" for my game, I can already feel {and see} the difference.

It was great seeing you and everyone at the Tunica Event - I agree 100% that having the women playing with the men is a HUGE PLUS. This is the way it was in the 90s when I first went on tour and when they "divorced" it was never the same. We need as much synergy as possible these days and that's a great way to create it immediately.

Aloha
 
CJ was moving the CB around against me, unlike anyone I've ever seen. Then again, I think he knew he could freewheel and get away with it. :grin: It was only after talking to you that I found out he was using your new tip.

It sounds sorta goofy, but the hard version of your tip "looked" like how I like a tip to look. Which, if it does what you want it to do, looks shouldn't really matter.

But, I figure if you can give me the "click" that I like......pretty much the sound of that last cue you let me use (your old playing cue :wink: ), then starting with a medium would allow me the simple decision of either adjusting up or down one notch.

As I told you, the longer I've played this game, the more it seems as tho I prefer a harder tip. It would absolutely have to be leather, tho. My best friend used a break tip that was leather impregnated with phenolic......which truly looked like a total phenolic to me. It clicked toooooo much and he miscued like crazy. As in 5 times a night. He still swore he loved it......till the day that we, as in our pool room regulars, had an intervention and told him that we were sick of hearing him miscue......and chalking.

When he chalked that thing, it sounds like 2 turkeys f ucking in the woods. It made me grit my teeth. :angry:

When he found out that we were refusing to play with him any longer, he switched tips ASAP. Lol. Miraculously the miscues disappeared. Go figure. :)

Again, just PM me when you're ready to talk. I'm in no huge hurry.
 
these high tech tips

After a few brutal weeks in Tunica I crawled in last night and started reflecting on the The Ultimate 10ball and the Southern Classic....

It was great seeing the women and men professionals in the same venue for the Ultimate 10ball... With the men dressed up and the women their in full force the aesthetics were WAYYYYYY better than what we got to see when The Southern Classic started....

I was also impressed with the play of the women... I have known the level of play in men's pool may be at an all time high but after watching several of the women's matches they have seriously upped their level of pay as well... Just between us I may have a major school boy crush on Kelly Fisher after watching her matches... sorry Jasmin you have been replaced......

Predator was in the house for the Ultimate and they had the new BK3 and AirII with them..... The BK3 has some new technology and a change in balance... I'd say it was easier to generate speed with it than with my BK2... I'd need a few days with 1 to recommend it over the BK2 but that love affair has been going on for 4+ years now and the BK3 is the first time I have even considered a divorce....

The AIR II works... It frickin works... The original AIR was a 1 trick pony in that it got the ball up fast but was almost useless in many instances... I watched John Morra, Mike Dechaine and a few other pros attempt a full table jump while drawing the cueball back up table and scratching... It was sick to say the least..... I wish they had stuck around so I had more than 10 minutes trying out the new products but they were packed and gone by the start of the Southern.....

I spoke to several vendors on the amateur side and while Tony raked in the dough the others seemed to have been less fortunate depending on the price point of their wares... The foot traffic was wayyy better than last years and I would almost bet you will see the same faces next year plus a few more.....

We had Outsville setup in the booth with Accu-Stats in the professional tournament room and traffic there was dismal... On the positive side I met Fathomblue and Rhatten..

CJ Wiley installed the Outsville Ki-Techs and that led to Cliff Joyner, Alex and several other players to ask about them and receive demo tips after hitting CJ's cue or watching and hearing the noise the tips made when pinning the ball...

I still need to send tips out to Justin Hall and a cpl of other pros who I missed the last night because of tearing down the equipment......

---- end of part 1------

I've had several people ask me the name of these high tech tips, and I don't know the "official name".....what do I tell them and how can they order them for themselves? I'll pass on the info. and thanks again for the "ammunition," I'm going to put these Tips on my other cues in the near future.
 
CJ was moving the CB around against me, unlike anyone I've ever seen. Then again, I think he knew he could freewheel and get away with it. :grin: It was only after talking to you that I found out he was using your new tip.

It sounds sorta goofy, but the hard version of your tip "looked" like how I like a tip to look. Which, if it does what you want it to do, looks shouldn't really matter.

But, I figure if you can give me the "click" that I like......pretty much the sound of that last cue you let me use (your old playing cue :wink: ), then starting with a medium would allow me the simple decision of either adjusting up or down one notch.

As I told you, the longer I've played this game, the more it seems as tho I prefer a harder tip. It would absolutely have to be leather, tho. My best friend used a break tip that was leather impregnated with phenolic......which truly looked like a total phenolic to me. It clicked toooooo much and he miscued like crazy. As in 5 times a night. He still swore he loved it......till the day that we, as in our pool room regulars, had an intervention and told him that we were sick of hearing him miscue......and chalking.

When he chalked that thing, it sounds like 2 turkeys f ucking in the woods. It made me grit my teeth. :angry:

When he found out that we were refusing to play with him any longer, he switched tips ASAP. Lol. Miraculously the miscues disappeared. Go figure. :)

Again, just PM me when you're ready to talk. I'm in no huge hurry.

Two turkeys... That's funny!
 
I've had several people ask me the name of these high tech tips, and I don't know the "official name".....what do I tell them and how can they order them for themselves? I'll pass on the info. and thanks again for the "ammunition," I'm going to put these Tips on my other cues in the near future.

Hahah They are Outsville Ki-Techs.. They will be up on Outsville.com very soon... I have suspended online sales while I have been sending quantity prices to retailers... The final MSRP may be based on the negotiations....

If you want to stock and sell them on your site let me know and I will send you pricing... Or if you want to sell them and forward the orders for processing instead I'll cut you a weekly commission and ship them out from here so you don't have to deal with having cash tied up in inventory..

I check AZ pretty often but if you need to reach me you can text me at 8658037558 or email outsville@hotmail.com since it hits my blackberry immediately and chris@outsville.com goes thru several forwards before reaching me.....

Chris
 
I really like the 10' Diamonds, they are a demanding test of pool.

CJ was moving the CB around against me, unlike anyone I've ever seen. Then again, I think he knew he could freewheel and get away with it. :grin: It was only after talking to you that I found out he was using your new tip.


It takes me some time before I can "free wheel" on the Diamond Tables, they're "tricky" to get used to, but I really like the 10' Diamonds, they are a demanding test of pool.

The New Tip made a huge difference, the one I had on there was "harder than african algebra". It's nice to be spinning the cue ball precisely again...very nice indeed.:groucho:
 
CJ for any of your friends that were asking tell them there are some show specials here on AZ that will end once I am back to normal inventory levels... I went thru the stuff that came back from Tunica and realized I should have been setup on the amateur side LOL

Soooo Ki-Tech Tips 1 for $10 3 for $20 10 for $60....... Pick your hardness... You were spinning the ball like a madman with all of them but the Soft was the first one Joe put on your cue..... I have roughly 100 mediums 80softs and 70hards in excess of inventory...

I also have excess Accu-Racks

Full set of 3 flat package $16 excess qty 22
9ball only cellophane bagged $7 excess qty 25
10ball only cellophane bagged $7 excess qty 20
9&10 $14

I'll setup a listing in the for sale section and link it in to here.. These are AZ only prices and won't be up on Outsville.com so you will need to have them use paypal and indicate what they are ordering in the comment section... email for paypal is scrtimber@aol.com and all prices include shipping in the continental US.....

Ask Mary how she is liking the soft on her cue.... Gave her a few softs as well :thumbup:

Chris
 

Soooo Ki-Tech Tips 1 for $10 3 for $20 10 for $60....... Pick your hardness... Chris


Wow Chris... "10 for $60"... that IS a Great deal... I've installed 4 (2 Soft & 2 Med) onto both 314-2 and Z-2's... After a small break-in period and a quick reshape these Ki-Tech's are the nuts. I Love em'..

Can't wait to get one on my new Mezz WX900's when they get in next month. Should be a nice complete delivery system. Thanks for the tips and Great to meet you guys in Tunica..

Randy
 
Wow Chris... "10 for $60"... that IS a Great deal... I've installed 4 (2 Soft & 2 Med) onto both 314-2 and Z-2's... After a small break-in period and a quick reshape these Ki-Tech's are the nuts. I Love em'..

Can't wait to get one on my new Mezz WX900's when they get in next month. Should be a nice complete delivery system. Thanks for the tips and Great to meet you guys in Tunica..

Randy

Was great getting to meet you Randy... I am glad you are enjoying the tips... As far as break in what I have usually found is that the tighter the grooming the less break in required... AS in when I have one of the softs or mediums installed if the installer didn't get the tip smooth while shaping it I will have to play a little while to get the fibers beat in... IF they finished shaping with a finer sandpaper they come out of the gate pretty much the way they will spend the rest of their lives....

As far as another question I had I am posting this up so you know what to tell your friends... I think I already told you the info so I apologize but I have slept since Tunica LOL

Regarding which tip has the highest energy/COR and which has the highest spin/speed ratios....

Basically the easiest way to put it is you will end up trading spin for speed to a small degree.. What I told CJ is that as he moved up in hardness he would notice the travel distances increasing but all 3 will spin the ball like a top.... Pick the one where the ball speed off the cuetip matches what you have in your memory bank and if you are coming up short on position then go harder.....

The COR is the highest on the hard and it has the least compression... I know that contact time is 1/1000 or so of a second but the soft seems to actually generate more spin and I think it is because it does compress more and increases dwell time.....

I am playing with the hard and soft versions pretty regularly but most players have ended up preferring the mediums....

The 3 tips are processed completely differently to adjust the COR based upon the hardness they represent... Thanks to the feedback I have gotten from a lot of people some of whom are here on AZ the different tips have all went thru several process changes to have them sound and feel like their ratings but the playing characteristics are very similar with all 3......

The soft was the first one I had where I wanted it aside from having to add a final QC checkpoint to make sure they are all consistent... The one I have on my cue has been on there 5 months now and it still tests within 2 pts on the durometer of where it was born.... I have abused the crap out of it by shooting stroke shots and breaking with it and the mushrooming on it has been close to non existent...

I have not had any mushroom or hardness changes out of the medium or hard versions over the last few months since they were reformulated....

Chris
 
Down to a dozen full sets... IF you don't play 8ball I'll mix 9s and 10s or just 9s or 10s to make up the 3 for $16... Tips 80meds 60softs and 60hards still to go.....

Bump for the weekend... Any questions I'll try and answer asap.....

On my way to the post office to send out yesterday and this mornings orders... as always PM me for a tracking number if you do not get it in a few days....

Chris

Fathomblue you have a PM....
 
Back
Top