Last night my buddies and I were out beating the tournament trail once again. They had a inside hook up from a old friend who is looking to start up a tournament and they lined this one up for Friday nights as the guy named Doc I believe is a friend of thiers ... I'm glad I was with them because I would of drove right past the place it looked like any other building on the block and there was little way to know it was a billiards hall except the painting on the windows ... In fact our driver went past the place and he is friends with the owner. And I definatly want to remember where this place is and how to get there...
I have not played in 20 years but have seen alot of tables though I have mostly played on bar tables or tables at the local pool halls where I lived. Most of these were or are older places with very old tables ... Been to Vegas and watched the Pro's play a few times on those nice tables but last night I played on the best tables I think I ever played on or can remember playing on.This small billiards place sitting in a little old town in South Georgia had several of the 9 foot Olhausen tables in there ... They had brand new Sommonis 860 felt on them as the name was stenciled up under the rails and type of materials used ... When I got on these tables it felt like I just jumped ino the middle of a football field or a sea of green ... And the balls seemed to roll forever ... Keep in mind I'm a bar box player I do play on the the bigger tables but had not done so in years in fact the biggest table I have had access to in over 20 years is a 8 footer ... I had to remember it was just me and the OB and point of contact and I seemed to make a smooth adjustment and the played ok on the night.
These tables and felt where awesome the ball just seemed to roll forever and the tables were level so you did not have to worry about any roll off ... My biggest adjustment was how hard to hit the ball cause it seemed like they never stopped ... I was very thankful for the free phone lesson from Ron V... I think it really helped me last night... I'm just very shocked and taken back to find tables like these in a place here in South Georgia ... Not to mention the owner Doc and his wife and kid were super nice to deal with and talk to ... They welcomed you like family ... This place is only about 30 mins from where we live ... Oh and in the tournament well I played all night and in the final I was setting in the cat bird seat ... I was playing a very good friend the driver of our vehicle ... We got in the first 6 games in a race to 7 and were tied 3 to 3 and getting pretty tired ... We looked at each other and asked do you want to split this ... We agreed and split the money picked up our group and headed home ...
Pastime Billiards is a very plesant place setting in Douglas Gerogia,Coffee County ... It is like most pool halls as in nothing really stands out it is just another hole in the wall ... It is not a eye sore but it does not come with alot of tinsel wrap either. Thier is no smoking in thier the only draw back I saw but many pool halls are like that in this day of the no smocking ban. It is kind of small for a billiards hall but they have used the room well to get the most out of it and you do not feel crowded at all ...But this place does have some of the best tables you will ever walk into a billiards hall and find ... And some of the nicest people running it you will ever find ... And I'm told Doc shoots one heck of a game he was telling me about a 5000 added tourny Mike Janis is putting on in Macon soon I guess he plays the Viking tour some judging by the way he talked ... And honestly it is like no other place I have seen here in South Georgia and I want to thank Doc and his family for providing such nice pool tables for us that live in the area to play and practice on ... It is only a 30 min drive for us to get there and that is nothing to play on a table like that ... In these days of Pool halls shutting down and the equipment being old and worn out due to lack of bussiness ... It is a very sweet surprise to walk in to a place and find equipment in this kind of condition ... This is stuff that you would find in someones nice house for personal use ... I thought I had died and gone to Heaven and Heaven was full of some of the sweetest playing tables you will ever find.
Thanks Doc ... Thanks alot for providing this to us ... I know you get on AZ here Danny told me you were talking about it last night ... Like I told you last night when we were outside talking ...You can expect to see me again ... I am totally blown away by the quality and condition of your tables and the kindness you showed us ... Thank you ...
I have not played in 20 years but have seen alot of tables though I have mostly played on bar tables or tables at the local pool halls where I lived. Most of these were or are older places with very old tables ... Been to Vegas and watched the Pro's play a few times on those nice tables but last night I played on the best tables I think I ever played on or can remember playing on.This small billiards place sitting in a little old town in South Georgia had several of the 9 foot Olhausen tables in there ... They had brand new Sommonis 860 felt on them as the name was stenciled up under the rails and type of materials used ... When I got on these tables it felt like I just jumped ino the middle of a football field or a sea of green ... And the balls seemed to roll forever ... Keep in mind I'm a bar box player I do play on the the bigger tables but had not done so in years in fact the biggest table I have had access to in over 20 years is a 8 footer ... I had to remember it was just me and the OB and point of contact and I seemed to make a smooth adjustment and the played ok on the night.
These tables and felt where awesome the ball just seemed to roll forever and the tables were level so you did not have to worry about any roll off ... My biggest adjustment was how hard to hit the ball cause it seemed like they never stopped ... I was very thankful for the free phone lesson from Ron V... I think it really helped me last night... I'm just very shocked and taken back to find tables like these in a place here in South Georgia ... Not to mention the owner Doc and his wife and kid were super nice to deal with and talk to ... They welcomed you like family ... This place is only about 30 mins from where we live ... Oh and in the tournament well I played all night and in the final I was setting in the cat bird seat ... I was playing a very good friend the driver of our vehicle ... We got in the first 6 games in a race to 7 and were tied 3 to 3 and getting pretty tired ... We looked at each other and asked do you want to split this ... We agreed and split the money picked up our group and headed home ...
Pastime Billiards is a very plesant place setting in Douglas Gerogia,Coffee County ... It is like most pool halls as in nothing really stands out it is just another hole in the wall ... It is not a eye sore but it does not come with alot of tinsel wrap either. Thier is no smoking in thier the only draw back I saw but many pool halls are like that in this day of the no smocking ban. It is kind of small for a billiards hall but they have used the room well to get the most out of it and you do not feel crowded at all ...But this place does have some of the best tables you will ever walk into a billiards hall and find ... And some of the nicest people running it you will ever find ... And I'm told Doc shoots one heck of a game he was telling me about a 5000 added tourny Mike Janis is putting on in Macon soon I guess he plays the Viking tour some judging by the way he talked ... And honestly it is like no other place I have seen here in South Georgia and I want to thank Doc and his family for providing such nice pool tables for us that live in the area to play and practice on ... It is only a 30 min drive for us to get there and that is nothing to play on a table like that ... In these days of Pool halls shutting down and the equipment being old and worn out due to lack of bussiness ... It is a very sweet surprise to walk in to a place and find equipment in this kind of condition ... This is stuff that you would find in someones nice house for personal use ... I thought I had died and gone to Heaven and Heaven was full of some of the sweetest playing tables you will ever find.
Thanks Doc ... Thanks alot for providing this to us ... I know you get on AZ here Danny told me you were talking about it last night ... Like I told you last night when we were outside talking ...You can expect to see me again ... I am totally blown away by the quality and condition of your tables and the kindness you showed us ... Thank you ...
Last edited: