Sold Paul Dayton Hoppe 4 Pointer

Sold Item

1950melrose

Registered
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Dayton 4 pointer-4 veneer hoppe style cue in very nice condition. 58 inches even split 29-29. Rolls straight together and apart. Cue is a solid player and will make someone very happy.

Cue has Rosewood butt sleeve with natural material hoppe ring and natural material sleeved joint with 3/8 x 8 radial pin. 4 Rosewood points with 4 veneers. (Black-Dark Green-Light Green- Natural) in highly figured curly maple forearm.

Butt weighs 14.84oz. with black & white linen wrap.
Shaft 1 weighs 3.66oz.- 12.80mm
Shaft 2 weighs 3.51oz.- 1290mm with a smaller crack above the collar but not thru the finish. Shaft plays fine (it's the one I played with the most).
Both shafts are old growth wood with a nice patina and micarta ferrules and Paul's long pro taper.

Last edited:

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
276   0   1
Dayton 4 pointer-4 veneer hoppe style cue in very nice condition. 58 inches even split 29-29. Rolls straight together and apart.

Cue has Rosewood butt sleeve with natural material hoppe ring and natural material sleeved joint with 3/8 x 8 radial pin. 4 Rosewood points with 4 veneers. (Black-Dark Green-Light Green- Natural) in highly figured curly maple forearm.

Shaft 2 weighs 3.51oz.- 1290mm with a smaller crack above the collar but not thru the finish. Shaft plays fine (it's the one I played with the most).
Both shafts are old growth wood with micarta ferrules and Paul's long pro taper.

$1150 OBO shipped UPS Ground CONUS. No trades please!
Payment thru PayPal or Zelle. Any questions pm, text or call me. Thanks, Mel (513) 233-8493. It won't let me download pics, text me for them if interested.
rfarr10@comcast.net email me your pictures and I’ll try to post them for you. If you want.
The Mods will delete your thread without pics. 😀

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 94.4%
17   1   0
Dayton 4 pointer-4 veneer hoppe style cue in very nice condition. 58 inches even split 29-29. Rolls straight together and apart.

Both shafts are old growth wood with micarta ferrules and Paul's long pro taper.

$1150 OBO shipped UPS Ground CONUS. No trades please!
Payment thru PayPal or Zelle. Any questions pm, text or call me. Thanks, Mel (513) 233-8493. It won't let me download pics, text me for them if interested.
Have to post pics.

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
276   0   1
Here are your Pictures Mel. GLWS Nice cue! Paul made a really good cue and this looks like a good deal. Everything all straight?

Attachments

• PDFull.jpg
    PDFull.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 530
  • PDven.jpg
    PDven.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 528
  • PDji.jpg
    PDji.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 527
  • PDpin.jpg
    PDpin.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 505
  • PDslv.jpg
    PDslv.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 507
  • PDbumper.jpg
    PDbumper.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 475
  • PDcrk - Copy.jpg
    PDcrk - Copy.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 516

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
153   0   1
Here are your Pictures Mel. GLWS Nice cue! Paul made a really good cue and this looks like a good deal. Everything all straight?
Mr Dayton built really great quality cues...
"Reputed to have some of the very best quality and seasoned woods for cue building too"
Mel EXCELLENT AZ'R
GLWS

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I would like to know what the deal is with the 'crack' that is mentioned. Is it in the finish, or the wood itself? Thanks

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

1950melrose

Registered
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I would like to know what the deal is with the 'crack' that is mentioned. Is it in the finish, or the wood itself? Thanks

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
The crack is in the wood but not thru the finish. The shaft plays fine. The other shaft is perfect. Mel

Last edited:

LightsOut

Jason
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The shaft with no crack looks like it might be one of Paul's Lakewood shafts, based on the color? Great buy for someone either way...too bad I have too many cues already (and I am still trying to find my elusive all original condition R10 with natural or green veneers) or I would pick this up at this price for sure. GLWS.