Pechauer Prototype for the Kid Delicious LTD Cues

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
I recently got this nice Pechauer cue just because I liked it and I am a big Pechauer fan. I couldn't find the cue in the archives on the website, so after some back and forth with Pechauer I got some of the details on the cue. Turns out it is a prototype for the Pechauer Kid Delicious (Danny Basavich) Limited Edition Hollywood Cues from some time around 2005. I got them to scan the one copy of the flyer they had (see below). The only main difference I can tell is that mine has a leather wrap and no Kid Delicious logo on the butt. It has padauk and abalone inlays and I realy like the rings. I was super happy to get the cue, but even more so now that I know it is more unique.

As a side note in my search for info and pictures, which are really hard to find with any good detail from back then. I found out about the movie deal he had based on his book and life. With Jack Black as the possible lead it might have been a great addition to the few pool movies we have to choose from. Unfortunately that deal fell through, but it looks like a new deal is now in the works for a Kid Delicious mini-series let's keep our fingers crossed.

KidLtd.png

IMG_0293.JPEG

IMG_0313.JPEG

IMG_0315.JPEG

IMG_0307.JPEG

Me-Kid-BristolBob-surveying.jpg

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well that is neat as heck right there. Never knew there was such a thing. I read his book and it was very entertaining. I would like to reread it but loaned it out and the gentleman passed away before its return. I may have to find another copy because of this. Thanks for sharing!

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Well that is neat as heck right there. Never knew there was such a thing. I read his book and it was very entertaining. I would like to reread it but loaned it out and the gentleman passed away before its return. I may have to find another copy because of this. Thanks for sharing!
I haven't read it yet. I did read the Sports Illustrated article which was very interesting and now I do want to get a copy to read.

I noticed after the time when the movie got shelved you no longer see him using the cue. I wonder if he still has one and if he stopped using it because it was a bad reminder of the movie deal.