I have been looking for an old restorable table when I found one that only needs cleaning. It's been in the same spot for over 60 years, the balls are original, the cues are original and so is the rack that holds 16 Cues. It's had a cover over it most of it's life, it needs new felt but the old felt is surprisingly good. The bumpers are very lively but I assumed I would replace them, I will see when I re-felt.
It's the 9' x 4 1/2' model, it will replace the 8' table I have now. It has 1" slates and the closest thing to damage was the area at the bottom of the feet, they look like they have been hit with a vacuum cleaner bumping into them at times but no real damage, just scratches.
I checked the rail bolts and it appears they were replaced when installed in the 50's so hopefully I won't need the special tool required for some of these old tables. I hope I don't run into any nasty surprises.
I will post some photos soon, I have never posted a photo on AZBilliards except my avatar.
Thanks for reading my boring post, Dave.
:smile:
It's the 9' x 4 1/2' model, it will replace the 8' table I have now. It has 1" slates and the closest thing to damage was the area at the bottom of the feet, they look like they have been hit with a vacuum cleaner bumping into them at times but no real damage, just scratches.
I checked the rail bolts and it appears they were replaced when installed in the 50's so hopefully I won't need the special tool required for some of these old tables. I hope I don't run into any nasty surprises.
I will post some photos soon, I have never posted a photo on AZBilliards except my avatar.
Thanks for reading my boring post, Dave.
:smile: