Pink League- Pool in a positive light in SD

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just thought I would share a positive pool story here in South Dakota. One of our league operators put together a Pink league where all the money goes to a local person or persons going through tough times. I hope this catches on all over like it did with darts.

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/pool-hall-goes-pink-for-fundraising-event/?id=185204

The Article states, "Organizers believe it's the first Pink Pool Club in the country and it started right here in Sioux Falls." WRONG!

There used to be a pool room in Tucson, AZ, called 'Pinkies' many years ago.
As you might have imagined from the name the pool tables' felt was pink.

Nonetheless, good job in organizing an event to promote cancer awareness! :wink:

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Article states, "Organizers believe it's the first Pink Pool Club in the country and it started right here in Sioux Falls." WRONG!

There used to be a pool room in Tucson, AZ, called 'Pinkies' many years ago.
As you might have imagined from the name the pool tables' felt was pink.

Nonetheless, good job in organizing an event to promote cancer awareness! :wink:

The "Pink Club" is in reference to the league not the actual "pool hall." They only did up 2 tables in pink I believe. I haven't stopped in there yet to see if these are a permanent fixture to the room or if they are going to be put away during our normal leagues.

They are trying to get the "Pink Clubs" to pick up steam like they did with darts. I don't know about other areas but Pink Lady's is huge around here in the dart community.