Places to play in Austin?

pip9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi All,

I'll be heading to Austin next week for business. Looking for a nice place to play while I'm there. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Phil
 
Hi All,

I'll be heading to Austin next week for business. Looking for a nice place to play while I'm there. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Phil

Last year, they held the National Amateur Qualifier tournament at The Grand around 6th street, I believe. It was a great place to play. I would highly recommend if you are in that area.
 
Last year, they held the National Amateur Qualifier tournament at The Grand around 6th street, I believe. It was a great place to play. I would highly recommend if you are in that area.

The Grand is great! Also on 6th St. Is the famous and haunted Buffalo Billiards. Great place. Austin is awesome. They have a Slick Willies on Lamar but it's always dead when I go there at night. There's a nice Fast Eddies in N. Austin off of I-35. I haven't been to it yet, will on my next trip, but Skinny Bobs is there. Maybe you seen that place on Ustream. They hold nice tourneys. Good luck and have fun in Austin.
 
Last year, they held the National Amateur Qualifier tournament at The Grand around 6th street, I believe. It was a great place to play. I would highly recommend if you are in that area.

The Grand:
Although the 8 footers were recently refelted, good luck finding any spot on the rails that isn't dead. The 9 footers play decent. They have a weekly 9 ball tournament on Friday...and one other day of the week.? maybe sunday.

Fast Eddies:
9 footers not maintained well. Some dead rails. 8 footers have high rejection pockets...due to poor maintenance....and tables have noticeable table rolls. Mondays is free pool.

Skinny Bob's:
very good tables (9 footers) and they have a 3 cushion/billard table.

Shooters: (2 locations in Cedar Park area)
8 foot tables with big pockets.

Slick Willies:
Burnet location is my preference....and maybe the only Slicks location left. At one time, there were 3 locations.

Clicks:
Location on Lamar changed ownership. Think it's called Victoria's now. Heard it sucks.
Not sure if the Clicks on Oltorf is still around.

There are a few more places in Austin, but I think Skinny Bob's, Fast Eddies, Shooters are probably the top 3....in that order.
 
The Grand:
Although the 8 footers were recently refelted, good luck finding any spot on the rails that isn't dead. The 9 footers play decent. They have a weekly 9 ball tournament on Friday...and one other day of the week.? maybe sunday.

Fast Eddies:
9 footers not maintained well. Some dead rails. 8 footers have high rejection pockets...due to poor maintenance....and tables have noticeable table rolls. Mondays is free pool.

Skinny Bob's:
very good tables (9 footers) and they have a 3 cushion/billard table.

Shooters: (2 locations in Cedar Park area)
8 foot tables with big pockets.

Slick Willies:
Burnet location is my preference....and maybe the only Slicks location left. At one time, there were 3 locations.

Clicks:
Location on Lamar changed ownership. Think it's called Victoria's now. Heard it sucks.
Not sure if the Clicks on Oltorf is still around.

There are a few more places in Austin, but I think Skinny Bob's, Fast Eddies, Shooters are probably the top 3....in that order.


Wow, that was quick. I was just there for SXSW and went to Slick Willies on Lamar, they sold it quick. I will go check out Skinny Bobs when I go back in a month. I went to the Slick Willies off of I-35 by a mall and Burlington coat factory a while back, the next time I went back it was vacant. I took my son to The Main Event and they had a lot of nice 8' Olhausens but the cloth was crap. Thanks for the info. Ron
 
There's Warehouse Billiards on the south side of Austin. I visited last fall and played on the 10' snooker table briefly.
http://www.warehousesaloon.com/

Clicks on Oltorf, also in Austin. Might not be open any more. Website's still up, though:
http://www.clicks.com/oltorf/oltorf.htm

Slick Willie's on the south side (S. Lamar) had 9-ball tournaments more than 4 years ago, and it's a good-sized pool hall, but I'm not sure it's still there.
http://www.slickw.com/sites/austin.htm

In case you're interested in snooker:
http://www.findsnooker.com/Texas.html
 
The Slick Willie's on Burnet Road and on South Lamar are both still there and are open for business.
 
Back
Top