Places to play in Houston?

gtaylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey all

Visiting the gf in Houston next week. Any good places to play near the energy corridor ? Near woodway?

Greg

Tex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only place I know of in the energy corridor area is Slick Willies @ West Green and I-10
All of the pool rooms in Houston are on the North & South sides.
Close to Woodway would be Slick Willies on Westheimer close to FountainView.

gtaylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tex are those north and south sides worth a drive and if so how long of a drive are we talking ?

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of places

If your looking for action stop by Big Tymes its at I-45 North Cypresswood exit, turn left under the freeway and its in the plaza on your right at the traffic light. They have four 9' Gold Crowns and two 9' Diamonds, twelve 7' Diamond barbox and ten 8' Gandys. The place is clean and safe in a good area.

Bogies is 5mins form there, I-45 North to FM1960 turn right and take FM1960 1mile to Aldine Westfield, Bogies is at the corner in the plaza on your left, eight 9' Gold Crowns, one 9' Diamond, Six Valley BB and eleven Brunswick 8'.

These are the two main action places.

Theres a Clicks Billiards on Hwy 290 @ Hiloister that's closer to you. two 9' Gold Crowns ten 8' Brunswicks, no smoking, clean and safe, some action during the day and early evening.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If your looking for action stop by Big Tymes its at I-45 North Cypresswood exit, turn left under the freeway and its in the plaza on your right at the traffic light. They have four 9' Gold Crowns and two 9' Diamonds, twelve 7' Diamond barbox and ten 8' Gandys. The place is clean and safe in a good area.

Bogies is 5mins form there, I-45 North to FM1960 turn right and take FM1960 1mile to Aldine Westfield, Bogies is at the corner in the plaza on your left, eight 9' Gold Crowns, one 9' Diamond, Six Valley BB and eleven Brunswick 8'.

These are the two main action places.

Theres a Clicks Billiards on Hwy 290 @ Hiloister that's closer to you. two 9' Gold Crowns ten 8' Brunswicks, no smoking, clean and safe, some action during the day and early evening.

Bogies also has a new location that just opened a month ago, clean, safe a little action there too, take Hwy 290 to Jones Road turn right, 1mile up on the right West Road and Jones Road Bogies 2 is on the right: Three 9' Gold Crowns, four BB and 12 8'

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's only 2 worthwhile pool rooms in all of Houston.

Big time Billiards on the North side.
And
Legends Billiards on the Southside.

All others are dives, or not pool rooms for pool players. Bogies is complete rundown trash, and there's no money in there anymore.

You are probably 30 minutes from both where you are located. But to go to big time you would just take 610 North, it turns into 390, go till you see the beltway (Sam Houston Tollway) you head east on it till you it I-45, then go north about 7 minutes to Cypresswood Exit, turn left at the first light, and immediate right at Walgreens, big time is located across from Walgreens.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not so!

There's only 2 worthwhile pool rooms in all of Houston.

Big time Billiards on the North side.
And
Legends Billiards on the Southside.

All others are dives, or not pool rooms for pool players. Bogies is complete rundown trash, and there's no money in there anymore.

You are probably 30 minutes from both where you are located. But to go to big time you would just take 610 North, it turns into 390, go till you see the beltway (Sam Houston Tollway) you head east on it till you it I-45, then go north about 7 minutes to Cypresswood Exit, turn left at the first light, and immediate right at Walgreens, big time is located across from Walgreens.

Theres a new Bogies location that used to be one of the newer Slick Willies its off Hwy 290 at Jones and West Road. The tables are just re-felted, its a clean place managed by one of Houston's best players and gamblers from the 80's.

The same players that play at Big Tymes play at the new Bogies