Places to play in Taiwan

Aten

m8
Silver Member
There's probably thousands of great places to play in the country, but does anybody here have any specific recommendations? preferably taipei area, I'll be there for a few months so I'm curious

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
14th floor of the old Tong Lin department store building, pool hall on the left hand side (there are/were two 50-table pool halls on that floor, 6 pool halls in that building). I believe address is 201 Zhongxiao E. Rd., Sector 4, Taipei. This place is pretty old school, but several pros play out of there (including Ga Young Kim when she was still in Taipei).

Aten

m8
Silver Member
14th floor of the old Tong Lin department store building, pool hall on the left hand side (there are/were two 50-table pool halls on that floor, 6 pool halls in that building). I believe address is 201 Zhongxiao E. Rd., Sector 4, Taipei. This place is pretty old school, but several pros play out of there (including Ga Young Kim when she was still in Taipei).

Just went there today, the place closed down :( sign's still up though, so it must have been recent

Hey Aten,

Welcome to Taiwan! Well, I don't know Taipei well but most of the poolhalls in Taiwan are not beautifully decorated and probably not good foods. The poolhalls in U.S. are much better.

But if you come to Kaohsiung, then I would like to take you to the most popular ones, spacious with good decoration and food and drinks. They're actually chained. I'll take you there although the last time I shot pool was I don't remember how many years ago... Enjoy your stay in Taiwan and eat something local, foods in Taipei are the best in Taiwan, just my little advice.

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just went there today, the place closed down :( sign's still up though, so it must have been recent

Damn...things change quickly over there. If you have no leads the local cabbies can usually point the way.

Wintakegary: Taipei probably has the best Chinese food in the world.

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
長春路258巷6號B1
Show this address to a cab driver, it's a poolroom whereby many pros hangout, I'll be heading there tomorrow myself to check it out

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use to go to one of the poolhall mention in post 2 above, easy to get to by train, the building is just 1 minute walk from the train station, have not been there in about 1.5 years, think it's on the 8 or 9 floor.

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just came back from 2 hours of pool at Simon club (Address posted above) .Great place, people there are friendly, tables condition well maintained, good pricing, The room owner Simon and his wife are easy to talk to and very hospitable even though it's my first time there and meeting them.
Very likely to run into Taiwan pro players there, i saw Chao Fong Pang there tonight and a female player Lai Hui Shan. Highly recommended place to visit .

ShaunTanYK

Custom Junkie
Silver Member
I'll actually be in Taiwan for 4 Months till February from October for my studies. Would anyone wanna shoot a game or two, I'll be at 4 places: Hua Lien, Tai Nan, Long Men and Long Tan.

Just shoot me a PM... A visit to a cue shop would be great too :)

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member

Two 50 table rooms on that FLOOR, SIX in the building? :eek:

Oh, to live in a country where pool is flourishing.....

Aten

m8
Silver Member
I use to go to one of the poolhall mention in post 2 above, easy to get to by train, the building is just 1 minute walk from the train station, have not been there in about 1.5 years, think it's on the 8 or 9 floor.

yeah, I was at that building last week and most of the halls were closed down... but the two halls across from each other on the 9th floor are still running.

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah, I was at that building last week and most of the halls were closed down... but the two halls across from each other on the 9th floor are still running.

You should head to the Poolhall which I have the address posted in post 7 ,nice room with good rates
Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Aten

m8
Silver Member
You should head to the Poolhall which I have the address posted in post 7 ,nice room with good rates
Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Will do, thanks for the tip! Though I'd like to ask, are there a lot of people smoking in the room? I have mild asthma so the air in some of the places I've played at have made it difficult to stay for long :(

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, they do smoke in there, but ventilation there is quite alright for me