Plain Simple Uni-Loc Sneaky Pete

chenjy9

Are there any plain sneaky pete cues out there that use the Uni-Loc joint? The best I have been able to find is the Lucasi which has those extra dots.

Rusty in Montana

I've got a older Predator SP that has a uni loc joint however it does have a ring at the butt cap.
My other SP a friend made for me many year's ago from a bar cue it was made long before the uni loc was thought of .

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
On the other hand, with players' own cues being very common, maybe you could just get an ugly, cheap-looking cue that plays well, and achieve the same effect...

Rusty in Montana

My second SP cue started out as a one piece Dufferin bar cue that I though hit very well for a bar stick and had Billy work his magic I'm sure there's a number of folks on here who could do the same thing for you .

Reactions: Pin

chenjy9

My second SP cue started out as a one piece Dufferin bar cue that I though hit very well for a bar stick and had Billy work his magic I'm sure there's a number of folks on here who could do the same thing for you .

Good idea, should I ask in the Ask a Cuemaker sub-forum?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmelke may be able to build one, although I don't see a unilock quick release as a joint option on the site, they may be able to do an order if you call/email them.

Last edited:

chenjy9

Awesome suggestion! I thought I had read somewhere they no longer used Uni-Loc, but should still reach out and find out.

chenjy9

Is there a version without the collar?

also, how would I find out which custom cue makers offer the option of using a uni-loc joint?

thanks!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

chenjy9

That has green veneers on the points, so if it has that, may as well have the collar on the shaft. If you are looking for a true sneaky with design of a house cue, that would not be it.
That's what I am looking for. Do you know any custom cue makers that would offer that with a uni-loc joint?

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might find an SP4RW or SP8RW for sale:: these are the (proper) sneaky Petes Predator made before their "roadline" series.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might want to try Mueller's. Look for the 20-720 Hustler professional bar cue. $140.

It comes with a 3/8 pin which many say is better than a Uni lock. But I bet you could have one made with your choice of pin. It has a very smooth satin/flat finish. I rub the grip area with wax paper. Very sneaky and plays well. Look it up.

chenjy9

You might find an SP4RW or SP8RW for sale:: these are the (proper) sneaky Petes Predator made before their "roadline" series.
Will look into this, thanks!

You might want to try Mueller's. Look for the 20-720 Hustler professional bar cue. $140.

It comes with a 3/8 pin which many say is better than a Uni lock. But I bet you could have one made with your choice of pin. It has a very smooth satin/flat finish. I rub the grip area with wax paper. Very sneaky and plays well. Look it up.
The reasons I am looking to get one with a Uni-Loc joint are:
  • Quick to put together and take apart
  • Can get new shafts without worrying about a flush fit

Great idea.👍
Agreed! I contacted Schmelke on their website to inquire about the joint. Waiting to hear back from them.