Played One Pocket Today - First Time In Years

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today, my Sunday playing partner and I played some one pocket. This was the first time I'd played one pocket in years and years. We usually play nine ball or ten ball.

He is rated as an A-player in the rotation tournaments and he plays a lot of safeties when he doesn't have a shot, so I wasn't sure how he would play one pocket.

I gave him the first break, just to see what would happen. He hit a pretty good break, but after a couple shots I was able to get behind his balls and reverse the table to my advantage. I think I beat him 8-0.

The second game I broke and I think I beat him 8-0 that game, too.

We played several more games and I think I beat him 8-1 or 8-2 or 3 those games.

On about the 8th game, I made a ball on the break and was going to spot it, but he said to keep it down. I think I won that game 8-0.

The next game he made a ball on the break, so I told him to keep it and keep shooting. He got me down 7-0, but I came back to win.

After about 8 or 9 games, he finally won one, but it was 7-7 and my shot and, instead of getting the bridge, I tried to stretch on my tippy toes and reach the length of the table to shoot a ball out of his hole. I made an error and left him straight in and he won. If I hadn't been too lazy to get the bridge, I may have won that game, too.

The next game was my break and I tied him up and beat him 8-0 again and then he wanted to play ten ball.

I was happy with the way I played, after not playing for as long as I have.

I think I'll talk him into playing it again next Sunday.
 
Today, my Sunday playing partner and I played some one pocket. This was the first time I'd played one pocket in years and years. We usually play nine ball or ten ball.

He is rated as an A-player in the rotation tournaments and he plays a lot of safeties when he doesn't have a shot, so I wasn't sure how he would play one pocket.

I gave him the first break, just to see what would happen. He hit a pretty good break, but after a couple shots I was able to get behind his balls and reverse the table to my advantage. I think I beat him 8-0.

The second game I broke and I think I beat him 8-0 that game, too.

We played several more games and I think I beat him 8-1 or 8-2 or 3 those games.

On about the 8th game, I made a ball on the break and was going to spot it, but he said to keep it down. I think I won that game 8-0.

The next game he made a ball on the break, so I told him to keep it and keep shooting. He got me down 7-0, but I came back to win.

After about 8 or 9 games, he finally won one, but it was 7-7 and my shot and, instead of getting the bridge, I tried to stretch on my tippy toes and reach the length of the table to shoot a ball out of his hole. I made an error and left him straight in and he won. If I hadn't been too lazy to get the bridge, I may have won that game, too.

The next game was my break and I tied him up and beat him 8-0 again and then he wanted to play ten ball.

I was happy with the way I played, after not playing for as long as I have.

I think I'll talk him into playing it again next Sunday.

This appears to be a soliloquy.
 
There's only One Hole and that's One Hole unless you're talking about the other hole! lol

Today, my Sunday playing partner and I played some one pocket. This was the first time I'd played one pocket in years and years. We usually play nine ball or ten ball.

He is rated as an A-player in the rotation tournaments and he plays a lot of safeties when he doesn't have a shot, so I wasn't sure how he would play one pocket.

I gave him the first break, just to see what would happen. He hit a pretty good break, but after a couple shots I was able to get behind his balls and reverse the table to my advantage. I think I beat him 8-0.

The second game I broke and I think I beat him 8-0 that game, too.

We played several more games and I think I beat him 8-1 or 8-2 or 3 those games.

On about the 8th game, I made a ball on the break and was going to spot it, but he said to keep it down. I think I won that game 8-0.

The next game he made a ball on the break, so I told him to keep it and keep shooting. He got me down 7-0, but I came back to win.

After about 8 or 9 games, he finally won one, but it was 7-7 and my shot and, instead of getting the bridge, I tried to stretch on my tippy toes and reach the length of the table to shoot a ball out of his hole. I made an error and left him straight in and he won. If I hadn't been too lazy to get the bridge, I may have won that game, too.

The next game was my break and I tied him up and beat him 8-0 again and then he wanted to play ten ball.

I was happy with the way I played, after not playing for as long as I have.

I think I'll talk him into playing it again next Sunday.
 
Back
Top