Playing cue ball fouls only............

JeaLouS44

Awesome John
Silver Member
the person i am playing jumps a ball
the ball he jumped moved.
i called a foul.
he said he did it afer the shot so it is not a foul
as far as i'm concerned if a person moves a ball that they are masseing or jumping around/over it is a foul
i did take the BIH
of course he didnt agree and was upset
we said from now on all fouls and we finished that way and he was nit picking me when ever i was shooting over balls and around balls..because he thought it got to me (the nit picking did get to me but worring about the fouls didnt thats how i play.) i like all fouls it is the way the game should be played
i'd like to hear other opinions
thanks

Last edited:

Ironman317

Cash Me In....
Silver Member
if you are playing cue ball fouls only, and the cue ball didn't hit the ball he jumped over, rather his stick did, it's not a foul...unless the cue ball rolls around the table and comes back through the path of a moved ball.

8ball-alex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you mean by; the ball he jumped moved? Did he hit with the cue ball? Did he moved the ball with his cue?

I would have called a foul if he under any surcumstances (i have no idea how to spell that craazy word!) moved, or touched a ball on the table with his body or cue before, under or after the shot was played. Or if he ofc. did not hit the lowest ball (if 9-ball) or or he hit one of your balls first (8-ball).

-Alex=)

s'portplayer

Midnight Rambler
Silver Member
Cue ball fouls only is the key word and self-explanatory.

Fouls are only called on the cueball.

In games where all ball fouls are called, simply touching any ball with the cue, shirt, hand, arm, a foul is called. However, in a game with cue ball fouls only, the above mentioned can happen with no foul called.

So, if the cue ball touched the ball being jumped, then it's a foul. If the cue tip, or something else touched the jumped ball, then it's a good shot.

JeaLouS44

Awesome John
Silver Member
it..........

moved as he jumped it i dont know if it was his stick or the ball he said it was his stick

JeaLouS44

Awesome John
Silver Member
normally benifit..........

of doubt goes to shooter yes but the cueball was like 4" away from the ball being jumped as the cueball was in the air the object ball moved he still said his stick did it

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
Then you are probably right. I think it would be very difficult to follow through 4" horizontally when your cue is jacked up.

JeaLouS44

Awesome John
Silver Member
next time i ..........

play this guy im going to video him with me phone then we can watch the play back for his benefit not mine. I HAVE NEVER CHEATED AND NEVER WILL. call all my own fouls etc. i called a foul on myself and he told me you shouldnt call your own fouls as he was taking BIH i was expecting him to give it to me since all i did is brush the cue ball and he didnt see it it is guys like this that piss me off if i were to call the foul on him and take ball in hand he would get all bent out of shape. on second thought nobody else in town plays him so i think im going to quit playing him

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
I'm not saying you are cheating. People see things different ways, both of you could honestly believe you are right. In this case I was agreeing with you.

Mr.Bumps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this should be a foul reguardless of rules, even cue ball fouls only it is a foul if cue ball crosses path of the ball that is hit with cue stick or whatever, therefor as soon as stick hits the ball your jumping over, the cue ball has crossed that path

JeaLouS44

Awesome John
Silver Member
i got ....

it i know you were agreeing . im just venting about this guy he can do know wrong everybody else is wrong everybody knows the type. nobody like playing him in tourneys etc but when something happens they never stand up for the person that is in the right because "they dont want to get involved" if people would stand up to him he would quit trying to cheat because he knows that people are watching him id say 80% of the tourneys he plays in here there is somekind of dispute and he always win cause nobody stands up to him

Last edited:

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
The World Standard Rules do not cover 'cue ball fouls only' as of 2008.

The old 'cue ball foul rule' can be found with the BCAPL 2008 rule set available for download at www.playbca.com

The rule when attempting to jump or masse is:

3. If you attempt to jump over or massé around an impeding illegal object ball then Rule 1.33, Disturbed Balls, does not apply to the impeding ball for that shot. If the impeding ball moves during the stroke it is a foul regardless of whether it was moved by the cue ball, your equipment or any part of your body.

It is a foul as you described the shot.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Under Texas Express, this is a foul.

"Any time you attempt to go around or over an impedeing ball and the ball moves (for any reason) its a FOUL".......SPF=randyg

Last edited:

JeaLouS44

Awesome John
Silver Member
thank you tom..............

i knew i read it some where but couldnt find it i was looking all morning