Playing with a (70") cue, "THE MAGIC WAND"

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Hi Rick,

I can't begin to imagine what goes through Earl's mind. He may have figured out a way to shoot finesse shots with the long cue, but that doesn't mean it's doable for other players who don't have Earl's expertise.

Or maybe he decided that it's worth the trade-off to pocket balls better.

Or maybe at some point in the future he'll decide to switch back to a shorter cue.

Who knows?

Thanks Fran.

I heard Earl say that he can never go back to a short cue but I'm sure if he feels it would be beneficial for him to do so, he will.

Last edited:

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Fran.

I heard Earl say that he can never go back to a short cue but I'm sure if he feels it would be beneficial for him to do so, he will.

Well, it works for him at this point. But I've seen people who are in the spotlight, start trends, and everyone jumps on board, but eventually, that person changes to something else. This is because they are natural experimenters. They will always be experimenting.

I remember the red circle cue ball trend. Because certain pros did it, everyone started carrying them around in their cases, leaving the Centennial blue circle in the tray and playing with the Aramith red circle with the Centennial balls. They wound up playing with a cue ball that was unequal to the object balls. This trend lasted a painfully long time, unfortunately, at least 5 years.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Well, it works for him at this point. But I've seen people who are in the spotlight, start trends, and everyone jumps on board, but eventually, that person changes to something else. This is because they are natural experimenters. They will always be experimenting.

I remember the red circle cue ball trend. Because certain pros did it, everyone started carrying them around in their cases, leaving the Centennial blue circle in the tray and playing with the Aramith red circle with the Centennial balls. They wound up playing with a cue ball that was unequal to the object balls. This trend lasted a painfully long time, unfortunately, at least 5 years.

Fran, It's still that way at my local hall & it drives me a bit nuts. The owner was playing a logo ball & made a forced follow carum shot & I commented t that I can't make that shot with the red circle & he knew what I meant & said, yeah, it's more difficult. I think he & I are the only ones that realise the difference. I wonder where all the blue circle balls went to die.

Best,
Rick

Last edited: