Please Help

jgbaker3

I attached a photo of a 8' Table that I saw tonight but I have never heard of the brand its either gandy or candy. I made sure it was slate and it seemed very sturdy and level and the wood looked great. They are asking $400 but they have no idea about tables either, it was a gift from parents. I have no idea if this is a good deal or not I have just always wanted a pool table.

Attachments

• pool table.jpg
    pool table.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 397

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the "G" logo on the end rail indicates that it is indeed a Gandy table. Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the model you show in the picture. The commercial models of the Gandy are excellent tables. We have two nine footers in my Community center and they play very well. From the picture, the table looks to be in good shape. Be sure that it is a slate bed (you can look under the table to see the slate). Also test the action with the rails. Hit a ball as hard as you can the length of the table and see how many times it goes back and forth. If you post where you're located, some kind soul here on the forum may take the time to look at the table for you. If it's slate and the cushions are lively, $400 seems reasonable. If you decide to buy, offer $300 since you'll probably pay around $100 to have it moved. Good luck in your quest. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.