NJ1181

1609338346701.png

1609338381191.png

1609338457440.png

Thanks

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks! What about the lll stands out over the l & ll?
Smaller, bronze plated rail counters, bronze plated pocket castings, feet and ball tray bezel, different nameplate design, larger aprons, no plastic skirts, non-pinned slates...it goes on and on.

49622721612_eb43fb46cc_o.jpg

49621934498_f3ac167e42_o.jpg

mike807

I think it's a II. They changed the ball return on the III's so it doesn't have that bottom section. If you compare on Google images you'll see what I mean.

As far as I know the changes between II and III are just cosmetic, aside from III's have the option of 1¼ slate (I think).

I could be wrong, I'm not an expert on GCs

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's a II. They changed the ball return on the III's so it doesn't have that bottom section. If you compare on Google images you'll see what I mean.

As far as I know the changes between II and III are just cosmetic, aside from III's have the option of 1¼ slate (I think).

I could be wrong, I'm not an expert on GCs

It's not a II.

mike807

Yeah, looking at more info I see that now. I assume that bottom compartment only there if the table has the ball return installed?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, looking at more info I see that now. I assume that bottom compartment only there if the table has the ball return installed?

Yes. All Gold Crowns I-IV came standard with the ball tray integrated into the foot apron. The lower tray was for ball return tables.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Smaller, bronze plated rail counters, bronze plated pocket castings, feet and ball tray bezel, different nameplate design, larger aprons, no plastic skirts, non-pinned slates...it goes on and on.

49622721612_eb43fb46cc_o.jpg

49621934498_f3ac167e42_o.jpg
Any idea why the GCI's are 100 pounds heavier than all of the other models??

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any idea why the GCI's are 100 pounds heavier than all of the other models??
I think the frames on the I and II are a little beefier than the III, along with the figure 8's and pocket castings and attachment hardware being heavier than what was used on the later GC's. I didn't realize how heavy those figure 8's and pocket attachment hardware were until I took all mine off to ship the rails to Jack Z for overhaul. There are 16 of the fig 8's at about a 1/4" thick and the bars for attaching the pocket castings are even thicker, so yeah the hardware difference alone could account for some of that weight difference.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I think the frames on the I and II are a little beefier than the III, along with the figure 8's and pocket castings and attachment hardware being heavier than what was used on the later GC's. I didn't realize how heavy those figure 8's and pocket attachment hardware were until I took all mine off to ship the rails to Jack Z for overhaul. There are 16 of the fig 8's at about a 1/4" thick and the bars for attaching the pocket castings are even thicker, so yeah the hardware difference alone could account for some of that weight difference.
Because mine is a late GCI it has the captured nuts instead of the figure 8 plates.