Pool’s unique – its pros come in *all* body types. Who were/are the tallest + shortest adult men pros, now or ever?

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Ruslan the tallest current pro?

I’m 6-3 and in my personal experience tall people are not made to play pool, or most sports. The joints don’t have as much meat around them and break down when doing the same work a shorter person does.
Right. There are more mechanical advantages to being a shorter player. I think tables are just way to low!

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn’t Bollman a pro golfer too?
Sure was.
Arnaldo
Dave Bollman.JPG

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Denis Grabe and Boston Shorty come to mind.

The shortest road player I've ever know was the 4'6" "Little Petey" Goldsmith from the DC area, who in his prime traveled with the likes of Marvin Henderson and Danny D. He wasn't the greatest player, but as a matchmaker he could take full advantage of a sucker's conflation of height and talent.

https://flic.kr/p/S4pmpm
I remember Lil Pete playing out of USA billiards. There were more lethal little guys, like lil Gary Flannery, Richmond shorty Davis, Billy Stevens and a dude from Fredericksburg albert??

On the tall side from the DMV we had Scott Toffolson 6'4" and John Newton 6'6" and Dave B. As mentioned.

Last edited:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Can't find it now, but used to have a pic of Wilt Chamberlin reaching for a pool shot. Let's just say I doubt he ever had to use a bridge. ;)
It's rare to find a pool player who's bigger than the table.