Pool Ball Collecting.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Introducing the evolution of Bonus Ball...

1994 Bonus Ball 99
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1458011881.905307.jpg

and the ball set...
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1458011934.799234.jpg

Fast forward two decades and we have

Bonus Ball
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1458011975.935489.jpg

and the ball set most of us have seen...
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1458012227.770989.jpg

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
The young Mike Massey.

Just noticed the photograph of Mike Massey on your instruction sheet. How young does he look! :)

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
That is a beautiful set up for sure!

Can you tell us what sets are in that collection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-

To many sets to mention.... The sets on display changes from time to time.... Some sets never see daylight....

Rob.M

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
A tray of random balls.

Good afternoon, everyone.

Here's a tray of random individual balls. Each one has a personal story for me, memories of where I picked them up on my travels, etc.

full

Last edited:

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Sterling chequered balls.

Good afternoon, K2K.

I've ventured up to the attic and am pleased to allay your fears regards weight of the Sterling balls, sir.

Each and every ball recorded either 169 or 170 grams, which is a mighty impressive consistency. They are all a hair under six ounces.

full

Last edited:

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fantastic news! Now - back to the hunt...when I once again trod amongst the ground-based creatures and leave the eagle's view for another day....

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Another great set, K2K.

I'm ashamed to admit that it took me a minute to realise what was unusual about them. :)

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Another random tray.

Another tray of random individual pool balls. The black Playboy started the collection, arriving on my doorstep in a Birds custard tin forty something years ago!

full

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
This isn't an unusual set, but a nice one. From the mid-70s, a nice set of Hyatt Vitallite balls. At that time, I believe they may have been just a step below the Centennial, and before Hyatt became, or was sold to Aramith. Not sure whether these were made in Albany, NY, or Belgium. Might have been Albany. Notice the red dash cue ball? Not the original cue ball with the set, but one I bought at the same time. It was considered a premium cue ball at the time. Oldies, but goodies.

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• Vitallite 1.jpg
    Vitallite 1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 2,273

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a nice set of Hyatts, WildWing. And a great choice of cue ball to add to the set - also a Hyatt like you mentioned.

I recently acquired one myself and must say it plays as beautifully as it looks rolling on the cloth

b764487249af42d18a78246dc18b33d6.jpg

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
That is a nice set of Hyatts, WildWing. And a great choice of cue ball to add to the set - also a Hyatt like you mentioned.

I recently acquired one myself and must say it plays as beautifully as it looks rolling on the cloth

What a beautiful red dash cue ball. I have heard that back in the day, a certain amount of bakelite was put into some cues balls, and the red dash had more than others. Not sure if that's true, but mine certainly started out a bit yellowish, and hasn't changed. And, as you can see, the Albany logo is on the box. The old days.

All the best,
WW