Pool Ball Collecting.

mrpiper

Registered
Anyone here have any experience with other table games like these?
sb-bowling-premium-pins-3.jpg

White-pins.jpg

phretless

Registered
Would anyone happen to recognize this game and take a guess - based on the "custom set" of balls I put together just for this particular game? It has an interesting scoring element, and was submitted for a patent quite some time ago that never took off mostly due to exposure and lack of social media "back in the day" - I am guessing.

The numbered balls are the key. The solid reds are just the best color (I think) to represent "the unnumbered" balls in this set. Although, if you have them available, solid blacks, greens or blues play well and offer amazing contrast to the numbered balls - depending on your baize color of course.

b6e63afcf6801406fd8daf9cdfbc59c9.jpg

K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you ever find the rules for this game?

carl.j

Very much enjoying scrolling through this thread. Recently acquired a set of the Aramith Tournaments and could not be happier. However, been keen on getting a set of Centennials now... On that note, does anyone know if the TV Edition Centennials are still available anywhere?

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you ever find the rules for this game?

Hello!

Yes, this Aramith ball set was put together to play a unique scoring game invented back in the early 1990’s called BLAZZ (pronounced “blaze”) that required a player to shoot a red followed by the lowest number ball on the table - between opponents. Points were based on ball values of course with reds being worth only 1 point.

I have the original rule set in the vault at home and will see about laying hands on it soon along with a few pics of play

This set pic of mine was posted right at 5 years ago. What memories. Time sure flies.

~ K.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Hello!

Yes, this Aramith ball set was put together to play a unique scoring game invented back in the early 1990’s called BLAZZ (pronounced “blaze”) that required a player to shoot a red followed by the lowest number ball on the table - between opponents. Points were based on ball values of course with reds being worth only 1 point.

I have the original rule set in the vault at home and will see about laying hands on it soon along with a few pics of play

This set pic of mine was posted right at 5 years ago. What memories. Time sure flies.

~ K.
Sounds a bit SNOOKERish.

Last edited:

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks again to Chuck_Jones for the 29 no number ball sets,
been plotting these up for 2x2 black ball (2 - 2 man teams) yellow/red vs. blue/green
Pinks are neutral good for all players, once your color/side is potted pinks are a no go bad hit ball, pinks re-spot after each player run.
opening break is on black first,
:eek:

2x2.1.jpg

2x2.jpg

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Personally glad to see a different way to play a Snooker type game.
PINK - BLACK - PINK - BLACK - ETC gets really boring to watch.

ChuckJones1987

Registered
Good find phretless
I'm guessing these are for some type of Bocce game although the listing on the website mentions golf billiards. They are pretty cheap, I think I might purchase a set. Thanks for sharing!

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are there any contributors to this thread who specialize in or are serious collectors of Albany Billiard Ball Co. ("Hyatt") of Albany, N.Y. phenolic resin balls?