Pool Ball Collecting.

Rusty in Montana

Rexus31 we were close to that a week ago but true to form we get a bad Easter blizzard every so often it helps keep the rif raf out of Montana ha ha !

Fatboy isn't that the truth don't you just love a orange 5 ball !

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Where are your pictures? Not a one is posting.

Good afternoon, everyone.

Over the years I have amassed quite a varied mix of pool balls. Does anyone else share this hobby and could perhaps post up a few photographs? I'd be keen to increase my collection if there's some nice sets attracting dust in your attic.

UPDATE.

As the thread has proved popular (we're at a mighty 660 posts and counting) I thought it might be a good idea to compile an index in order to help folks find a particular ball or set of personal interest. Post numbers are indicated in red. Many thanks indeed to all who have contributed thus far, I'll endeavour to update the index every couple hundred posts or so.

Best wishes,
RC.
54a9zd.jpg

28u1ldg.jpg

bi2s15.jpg

35i6lgg.jpg

KWilliams

Registered
I have never played with the Aramith Magnetic, particularly not on my home table, but I do own the other two. While CLEARLY ALL THREE are made by Aramith, my personal experience is that the Arcos II Cue ball is somehow different. It stays cleaner, longer than any other ball I own with only 1 exception. There are many debates here about whether Arcos II is just a Super Aramith Pro with special marking, or a separate "special formula". Aramith says it is same "specifications" as SAP, while Predator says it is a "unique formulation". I don't know, but I SWEAR it performs better. ALL cue balls, however, now play 2nd place to Dynasphere, whose cue balls, and balls have a finish that stays clean and pristine FAR longer than any other ball or set I have ever owned or played without regard to the "level" or cost. ALL Dynaspheres sets play and perform the same regardless of cost.
Do you know where I can buy a Dynasphere Platinum cue ball?

mrpiper

Registered
Elephant Stars and Stripes

I received this set of Elephant Stars and Stripes this weekend and added it to my patriotic display. I imagine one of you collectors could enlighten me as to the approximate age of this set???

View attachment 549702
View attachment 549703
View attachment 549704
I know this post is older but I just saw a box of these that had a date on back that said it was trademarked in 1999 I believe. That may answer the original poster's question about the age of the set. Here is the pic
Screenshot_20220525-171708_eBay.jpg

Last edited:

mrpoopytime

Registered
So they arrived...what exactly do I have here bone or ivory, or something else.

The inside of the lid references Special Composition ball. Do you guys think the box is original to the ball?
Those are ivory and not original to the box. As I understand it, the "Gold Diamond" is part of a series of cue balls from Brunswick that were sporting a single diamond in a few different colors: gold, blue, green and black.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
I'm interested in buying (trade? gift?) a 15 ball set of Marbleized 2.25 balls.
Can be mildly used to new, price is the factor.
The only requirement is the marbling be fairly uniform, meaning no large areas of solid color or white.
I have a new set of Aramith Standard 2.25 in possible trade.

mrpiper

Registered
I'm interested in buying (trade? gift?) a 15 ball set of Marbleized 2.25 balls.
Can be mildly used to new, price is the factor.
The only requirement is the marbling be fairly uniform, meaning no large areas of solid color or white.
I have a new set of Aramith Standard 2.25 in possible trade.
There are quite a few substandard sets available but you would likely be unhappy with the quality over time. The only higher quality marbelized set in production right now that I know of is at www.mcdermottcue.com they now have the manufacturing rights to the styles made by Elephant. Their solid quality marbled set is $105.00 for a brand new set. I have had the original Elephant Beautiful set for years and they still look as good as new.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
mrpiper : I did some research and seen the cheaper one's crack & pop pieces out.
Those 'seem to be' the (about) $50 & under sets. There's a few for $70-ish and reviews are good.
I'm no rush, hopefully someone would have a set here.
THANKS

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
I have a very unique set of no number marble balls. Apparently they are from the elephant balls head honchos private collection.
I would be open to a trade for some set I don't already have
Is there a set you don't have? 😉👍
That set looks hand picked, swirls are fabulous.
(pix size) 6549x6224 - like WOAH!!!+!

mrpiper

Registered
I have a very unique set of no number marble balls. Apparently they are from the elephant balls head honchos private collection.

7yU2n9q.jpeg

I would be open to a trade for some set I don't already

7yU2n9q.jpeg

I would be open to a trade for some set I don't already have
Wow Chuck! I JUST bought a New Old Stock Elephant Stars and Stripes in original box YESTERDAY! I am kicking myself. If I had known these were available I would have been bidding on these for sure! I'm surprised you would let these go since it gives you BOTH a regular and swirl numberless set!

mrpiper

Registered
Just bought this New Old Stock set still in box! Seller accepted $65 offer and I am excited! Been looking for a good set of these for a while and found a BRAND NEW (20 year old) set.
Screenshot_20220527-124211_eBay.jpg