Pool Hall Jacksonville FL

poolq-ster

Registered
Looking to find a good pool hall near Jacksonville FL to play one pocket, non smoking preferred. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
looking to play anyone for decent money
or looking to match up with someone for money
or just looking to play someone for fun.

those determine the poolroom.

jax_joe

Looking to find a good pool hall near Jacksonville FL to play one pocket, non smoking preferred. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
There are only a handful of rooms remaining in the area. Have only been over to Q Ball a few times in the past decade to hit around. It is non smoking. Don’t know if the new place they opened at the beach is non smoking or not. Then you have Park Ave over in Orange Park and also 9 Ball Heaven. Don’t listen to anyone who recommends Billiard Factory as a “pool hall”, lmao. I doubt if Rack’em Up, Perfeck Rack, or Solid & Stripes has much for players. Looking at the map I didn’t realize Blanding Billiards was still open. Might find some play there, but then again you asked for a good pool hall.

poolq-ster

Registered
There are only a handful of rooms remaining in the area. Have only been over to Q Ball a few times in the past decade to hit around. It is non smoking. Don’t know if the new place they opened at the beach is non smoking or not. Then you have Park Ave over in Orange Park and also 9 Ball Heaven. Don’t listen to anyone who recommends Billiard Factory as a “pool hall”, lmao. I doubt if Rack’em Up, Perfeck Rack, or Solid & Stripes has much for players. Looking at the map I didn’t realize Blanding Billiards was still open. Might find some play there, but then again you asked for a good pool hall.
Thank you!

SlateMan

Registered
Q-Ball at the beach is a really nice place, but they do not have ANY 9 foot tables for 1 Pocket. (They do have a 3 cushion table, but I don't think it is heated).

Cephalad

9 Ball Heaven is your best bet. People smoke outside but not inside. 8 and 9 foot tables in reasonable condition. Bring your own cue, they charge a small amount to rent house cues. Food isn’t bad, typical bar fair. Lots of tables but be careful of league night as they take a lot of real estate. You occasionally see some regional amateurs/pros practicing there.

poolq-ster

Registered
looking to play anyone for decent money
or looking to match up with someone for money
or just looking to play someone for fun.

those determine the poolroom.
Just looking for a good place to check out. Just coming down for a few days and not looking to match up. Won’t even have cues with me. May move there in a few years and just looking for a home.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just looking for a good place to check out. Just coming down for a few days and not looking to match up. Won’t even have cues with me. May move there in a few years and just looking for a home.
The times I've been there 9 Ball Heaven is a nice room, you'll have to call in a ringer to find 1P there. I've always heard Park Avenue was the spot for 1P but, in the 8 times I've been there I only played 1P once because I met a good player during their 9 ball tournament that wanted to play me 1P. Its smoky there, bring your own O2🤣. It's also kinda dumpy. Q-Ball is a nice room to hang out.