Pool in Michigan...

wagdad

Yup, I'm that Guy.
Silver Member
Howdy all! I just got the news that we here in the armpit of the midwest "Michigan" that we've been put on lockdown AGAIN. By governor Hitler, I mean whitmer. I havent shot a game of pool or heard the balls dropping into pockets or big breaks and those cute little miscue breaks and the chuckles that soon follow, in almost 3 months!! Before that, it was 2 months, before that it was 3 months. Sh!t, the bars and halls have been closed more than open for a year. All so governor Hitler, I mean whitmer can try and use this shutdown as a way to get a better political position. Take my damn freedom away. Im friggin going out of my gourd. A giant mug of ice cold draft beer, the old guys complaining about the young guys, the juke box playing bad company or .38 special. Someone please open up an underground pool hall and invite me! I'll bring my own bottle.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Look at the bright side. Wolverines renewed Harbaughs contract so you don't have to feel bad about not being able to go to a bowl game in person

wagdad

Yup, I'm that Guy.
Silver Member
Look at my bright side...you can move.

Also, league is expected to resume Sunday.
Maybe out your way they will resume. Over here the cops go around town and shut you down even if you are outdoor dining. Were told nothing will be allowed to open until Feb. 1st with restrictions. Even though she says indoor non contact sports are allowed, all the places around here are bars with tables so no one is allowed to do business.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Rack is open

This is where I ended up playing quite a bit when I was in Michigan for work several times. Nice room. Along with another one in the same town, Livonia. Maybe it's the same thing as in NY, rooms by Manhattan are closed, but there are several further out that are open.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It may be a "liquor or food license" vs "not" that allows The Rack to be open when most "bar-resturants with pool tables" are closed. In MI we are back inbthe mode of not being able to get an indoor drink or meal I believe. It's hard to keep up with the latest rules and I'm just hanging out at home, shooting pool at home, drinking at home, working from home, cooking at home for the winter.

I don't think you can get more than a soda and bag of chips at The Rack.

Sent from the future.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It may be a "liquor or food license" vs "not" that allows The Rack to be open when most "bar-resturants with pool tables" are closed. In MI we are back inbthe mode of not being able to get an indoor drink or meal I believe. It's hard to keep up with the latest rules and I'm just hanging out at home, shooting pool at home, drinking at home, working from home, cooking at home for the winter.

I don't think you can get more than a soda and bag of chips at The Rack.

Sent from the future.

Correct, no alcohol there, but great tables and a lot of action if you play one pocket.

I was just about the only shmoe playing 9/10 there LOL

It was the one pocket money games on one side, me in the middle and then the bangers. Seems quite a few people with money to spend hang out there, hundreds a game or short race was not uncommon.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Correct, no alcohol there, but great tables and a lot of action if you play one pocket.

I was just about the only shmoe playing 9/10 there LOL

It was the one pocket money games on one side, me in the middle and then the bangers. Seems quite a few people with money to spend hang out there, hundreds a game or short race was not uncommon.
I was just there tonight. I haven’t played since my last trip to Michigan. I’ll be back there February 1 if someone wants some fresh out of stroke blood.

Michigan Covid map looks a lot better than most states. I’m surprised the Wicked Witch of the North has the place locked down.