Pool room accent wall before and after

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I'm so stoked about my new pool room that I don't even play pool anymore, lololol. I just go down there and chill and look at wood and what not. Maybe one day I'll pick the cue up again, but right now enjoying other things in life. Check out my concrete wall before and after (so sweet I thought it deserved its own thread). It looks incredible, even better in person, I am beyond pleased. The Wood is from a post office in South Carolina (about an hour outside of Charleston) and was built in 1887 and was reclaimed by my wife's grandfather decades ago. Nice to give it new life. Used multiple mortise & tenon beams, installed both vertically and horizontally. Talk about robust drink rails, lol. This is old growth South Carolina forest folks, can't go buy this stuff at Lowe's. No finish on the wood, only used wire brushes to clean them up. The bottom beam is over 21 feet long. Not yet 100% complete, but still loving it.

Cheers,

JL

Attachments

• basement wall before.jpg
    basement wall before.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 528
  • basement wall after.png
    basement wall after.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 526

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm so stoked about my new pool room that I don't even play pool anymore, lololol. I just go down there and chill and look at wood and what not. Maybe one day I'll pick the cue up again, but right now enjoying other things in life. Check out my concrete wall before and after (so sweet I thought it deserved its own thread). It looks incredible, even better in person, I am beyond pleased. The Wood is from a post office in South Carolina (about an hour outside of Charleston) and was built in 1887 and was reclaimed by my wife's grandfather decades ago. Nice to give it new life. Used multiple mortise & tenon beams, installed both vertically and horizontally. Talk about robust drink rails, lol. This is old growth South Carolina forest folks, can't go buy this stuff at Lowe's. No finish on the wood, only used wire brushes to clean them up. The bottom beam is over 21 feet long. Not yet 100% complete, but still loving it.

Cheers,

JL
WOW!

jalapus logan

Silver Member
99.9% done with the accent wall. Loving those mortise carpenter's marks! This project was a gamble...but I feel like I won that bet! I'm now officially fresh out of excuses as to why I have not been playing any pool, lolololol.

Attachments

• basement wall after 7.jpg
    basement wall after 7.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 162
  • basement wall after 6.jpg
    basement wall after 6.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 164
  • basement wall after 5.jpg
    basement wall after 5.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 158
  • basement wall after 3.jpg
    basement wall after 3.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 167
  • basement wall after 4.jpg
    basement wall after 4.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 172
  • basement wall after 2.jpg
    basement wall after 2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 171
  • basement wall after 1.jpg
    basement wall after 1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 159

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

Cheers,

JL

That's fricken beautiful !!!!!!

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
The floor is unreal cool...Taylormade Concrete did it...epoxy coating. Very cool as well.

Will epoxy damage balls that fly off the table? I have concrete and my cue ball looks a little worse for wear. I don't really want to do carpet.

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Will epoxy damage balls that fly off the table? I have concrete and my cue ball looks a little worse for wear. I don't really want to do carpet.
I don't think so. Epoxy seems more forgiving than bare concrete too. I'm very very pleased with the epoxy in the pool room. I could see pool rooms using epoxy for floors as well. Durable as hell too . I would choose this floor covering again in a heartbeat.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I don't think so. Epoxy seems more forgiving than bare concrete too. I'm very very pleased with the epoxy in the pool room. I could see pool rooms using epoxy for floors as well. Durable as hell too . I would choose this floor covering again in a heartbeat.
Thanks, this may be the route I go, looks great!

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Adding some fun to the pool room on this chilly afternoon...

Attachments

• IMG_20220129_135102573.jpg
    IMG_20220129_135102573.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20220129_135050719_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220129_135050719_HDR.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20220129_134959002.jpg
    IMG_20220129_134959002.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 84